License Bracket Mounting

Well… after driving my Teg for two years without a front license plate, Mr. Lawman decided I need to rectify that situation. Sooo, like a good boy, I get the new bracket from the local Honda store. I’ve run into a delemma, though. The bracket that Honda/Acura sells doesn’t sit right.

(stole the pic from Mikla, for reference)

What am I missing, here? Is there some piece that fits into the rectangles in the bumper, that the bracket screws to?? :think: I would appreciate some close-up pics from those of you who have factory mounted brackets. :surrend:

Put the licence plate directly on the bumper. No bracket needed. Mine is mounted directly to the bumper. Just get some nice bolts and maybe some washers.

Did you get the V shaped bracket or the two mounting blocks? There are two metal blocks that fit inside the rectangle holes on the bumper and the plate screws into them. If you bought the V shaped bracket you can use a nut/bolt and install it through the small openings inside the “grill” area of the bumper.

Thanks, rollin. That’s what I was curious to know. You have given me the answer that I needed.

I got the flat plastic frame/holder. It didn’t make sense to me, that Acura would try to curve the bracket/plate to the shape of the bumper. If that was their intent, then they wouldn’t bother with the rectangular holes. :up:

Does anyone have some of these mounting blocks, to spare.? I want to do this, right. You can text me 97O 3one9 five7nine7 or ImNotYurMom at google mail

just get a mk3 vw front plate bracket and flip it and attach in the grille area

jhhjhj.JPG