Light Bulbs

The turn signal on the bumper…that’s called the front turn signal in the user’s manual right? Also…what is the “side marker” and what is the “front position light?”

yes turn signal is the bumper lights. (they use 1156 bulbs) same as your back turn signals and reverse lights

The side markers are the (amber corners that blink). they use 168 push in bulbs (i think 195s might work too)

same bulbs work in the position lights (the next small bulb inside the sidemarkers).

headlights are 9004 bulbs. fogs are H3 bulbs.

brake lights are 1157’s (dual filament) there are two on each side.

HTH’s answer all your lightening questions.

Thanks for your help…and what is HTH’s?

side - corner bulb that stays on

HTH = hope that helps :smiley:

When does the amber light on the corner supposed to blink? Is it when you make a turn signal…? Mine doesn’t blink anymore…I changed into clear convers yesterday and now it doesn’t blink…is there something wrong?

it should blink with the bumper lights (well… they alternate)

or when your hazards are on. i’m not sure why they don’t blink… anyone?

Originally posted by 92GS-R
[B]yes turn signal is the bumper lights. (they use 1156 bulbs) same as your back turn signals and reverse lights

[/B]

Rear signals are 1157…don’t ask me why thats just the way it is…I found out the hard way :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Gigarange
[B]

Rear signals are 1157…don’t ask me why thats just the way it is…I found out the hard way :stuck_out_tongue: [/B]

nope, the rear signals are 1156… 1157 are dual filament bulbs (for the brake lights)…

when your rear signals flash, the go off and on right? so they must be single filament. i’m pretty sure of that… i might be wrong… :confused:

I know 100% that the bulb I took out of my rear signal is a 1157 bulb…dual filament.
I took it out and used a modified 1156 hyperwhite bulb in the rear. and used the one I took out in my front signals when I rewired my front bumper lights with a dual filament bulb

does that make any sensee at all :stuck_out_tongue: lol

just go and take your rear signal out…takes 2 secs…pull the little panel up thats in the back of your hatch/trunk and pull it out.

Originally posted by Gigarange
[B]I know 100% that the bulb I took out of my rear signal is a 1157 bulb…dual filament.
I took it out and used a modified 1156 hyperwhite bulb in the rear. and used the one I took out in my front signals when I rewired my front bumper lights with a dual filament bulb

does that make any sensee at all :stuck_out_tongue: lol

just go and take your rear signal out…takes 2 secs…pull the little panel up thats in the back of your hatch/trunk and pull it out. [/B]

well… i’ve replaced mine plenty of times. maybe the 90-91’s are different… but i interchange my front bumper/reverse adn rear turn signals all the time.

i have a 92.

okay… please don’t post things as “100%” if they are not factual.

check out the sylvania replacement bulb resourse:

http://www.sylvania.com/bin/carApp/carApp_ver2.pl?flag=model_quals&make=&make=Acura&year=&year=1991&model=Integra&x=18&y=5

rear turn signals should be 1156… UNLESS someone rewired yours to have dual filament. your brake lights should be dual filament. if your turn signals wer 1157, they would be on all the time even when you’re not turning and then blink when turning… which shouldbn’t be the case… if it is… then it’s rewired.

i worked for Acura for 3 years in high school and heck my dad is a GM of that Acura dealership :smiley: :slight_smile: :wink: HTH

ok all this has been explained before so you can do a search. but i guess i can put all the info again:

headlights: 9004 55/66 watts
corner/parking lights: 194 5watts
front turn(bumper) signals: 1156 21watts
rear turn signal: IT IS DIFFERENT FOR 90-91 and 92-93!!
90-91:1157 dual filament 5/21 watts
92-93:1156 21 watts.
i know this because i had 90-91 rear tails until i swapped with member 93b18(leo) who had 92-93 tails with 1156 bulbs for the rear turn signal.
brake light:1157 5/21 watts
reverse:1156 21watts
fog lights: h3 35watts

instead of arguing about who is right on what bulb is what, why not just find a 90-91 and 92-93 integra and just compare the rear turn signal bulbs or just take my word for it. and if you dont’ believe me that the 90-91 rear turn signal bulb is different than 92-93, then go look for yourself. i’m sure there are many people here willing to look.

Originally posted by spikeymike
[B]ok all this has been explained before so you can do a search. but i guess i can put all the info again:

headlights: 9004 55/66 watts
corner/parking lights: 194 5watts
front turn(bumper) signals: 1156 21watts
rear turn signal: IT IS DIFFERENT FOR 90-91 and 92-93!!
90-91:1157 dual filament 5/21 watts
92-93:1156 21 watts.
i know this because i had 90-91 rear tails until i swapped with member 93b18(leo) who had 92-93 tails with 1156 bulbs for the rear turn signal.
brake light:1157 5/21 watts
reverse:1156 21watts
fog lights: h3 35watts

instead of arguing about who is right on what bulb is what, why not just find a 90-91 and 92-93 integra and just compare the rear turn signal bulbs or just take my word for it. and if you dont’ believe me that the 90-91 rear turn signal bulb is different than 92-93, then go look for yourself. i’m sure there are many people here willing to look. [/B]

yes and y2ken has a 93. :smiley:

then for y2ken’s 93 integra, his rear signal bulb is a 1156, single filament 21 watts. anyone else on the board who has a 90-91, your rear turn signal bulb will be 1157 dual filament, 5/21 watts. i hope there will be no more confusion over this.

is there a way to make the bumper and sidemarker both stay on and blink alternately when headlights are on? like maybe using 1157 for the bumper instead of 1156? as it is now, only the sidemarker stays on. archivethis

that’s an interesting question! I never knew it is even possible to ahve them both ona t once! Lemme know if you find out! I’d do that to my car I think!

Ken