Little Security Write up

So when i bought my car it was a theft recovery, still had a clean title just a smashed ignition, the kid had already taken the actual ignition switch and hid it where the coin holder would go so you stick the key straight up and into the open switch. since any flat object will work to start the car i decided to make it a little more secure.

i know there is already a fuel pump interupt teg tip this is similar using the clutch circuit instead.

Tools:
~Wire Strippers/crimp tool
~Length of wire to be determined by where your putting the switch
~Micro push button, i have a 10mm one i like these because depending how intricate you want to get they can be put anywhere, my last car had one glued behind the center console, push on the middle of the console and you’d activate the switch.
~solder gun/crimp connectors/heat shrink what ever you choose
~Electrical tape
~wire loom

1. locate the upper clutch pedal switch, its just above your clutch pedal.
  2. cut the wires off of it since you won’t actually be needing the switch any more.
  3. splice in your length of wire to each of the wires you cut off the switch
  4. Find a good spot to hide your micro switch you can put it almost anywhere only needs a little pressure to activate, mine is actually inside my shift boot you can barely even feel it click when you press it.
  5. attach wires to each lead of the micro switch make sure they are secure
  6. glue/screw the switch into where ever you chose to put it
  7. wire loom/electrical tape the exposed wires under the dash and attach to the main harness loom underneath this gives it a factory look so unless some one is really looking hard they will barely notice it.

all done :slight_smile:

i know bad write up but its very basic stuff lol, all in all the car will not start with out this button being pushed, the only downside is the clutch does not have to be in to start the car so make sure its in neutral lol.

and just so we’re clear you have to hold the switch while starting your car so i’d recomend puting it somewhere on the left of the steering wheel so you can use your left hand. Mine is only on the right because my ignition is on the left of my steering wheel.

cool do you have pics? as i like the mico switch idea but need to see how you mounted it bee think of it for a long time greazemunkey73@yahoo.com

I’m thinking about pulling out my cluster this weekend to do the bulbs I’ll pull the center console and take a couple pics I just used tiny screws and mounted
it inside the console so the button is just behind the shift boot it’s a very small switch so it’s easy to hide

Not stupid at all! U jus explained so well, it jus happened to be short…! :slight_smile: very good idea since they jus stole a DC in my apts not too long ago! Thanks for the idea, much safer then taping into a fuel pump, or maybe I was the only one with the bad luck of the prev owners, rednecks so called cut off switch… And… Fire… Haha