Loading up rear supsension

So I just installed the trailing arms back in the car after putting in the shiny new (and clocked correctly) Hardrace trailing arm bushings and being that I took them right out of the car a lot of bolts have come out. I’m just wondering how you guys get the rear suspension loaded correctly to torque all the bushings? I’ve used a jack and a piece of 6x6 wood until the pinch welds lift off the hoist a bit but this is always sketchy and I don’t know if I’m getting the proper deflection. I was thinking possibly setting the car down on blocks with the wheels on but I don’t know if I could get to all the bolts as the wheels are wide and the car sits quite low.

Nevermind, I got it done. I just set the park brake and put some 6x6 pieces under the brake rotor hat and some ramps under the front wheels until it was off the hoist pads on all 4 points. It sketched me out a bit but worked effectively. I had to wing it on the compensator arm to trailing arm bolt though because there was no way I was getting a torque wrench and 14mm in that tiny gap.

Sounds like you got it no problem. It can feel a bit odd but really not dangerous (or at least any more than just having it up on jack stands). When the car is on stands I just jack the suspension up under the rotor or control arm depending on what’s accessible - note that all 4 jack stands remain in place and I just jack up one corner at a time until it lifts off the jack stand - snug down your bolts then move to the next corner. Worked for me so far.

Work for a shop so alignment rack FTMFW!!! But jokes aside sounds like you got the right idea.

Haha, sadly there aren’t to many planes around looking for alignments.