Loosing Coolant-help

HEY THE OTHER DAY I WAS DRIVING AND I BLEW A RADIATOR HOSE…SO I PULLED OVER AND LUCKY I WAS A FEW BLOCKS FROM AN AUTO PARTS STORE I BOUGHT THE HOSE AND CHANGED IT…THEN I FILLED THE OVERFLOW TANK UP WITH ANTIFREEZE-TODAY I LOOK AND THE TANK IS EMPTY…DO I HAVE TO ADD DIRECTLY TO THE RADIATOR ALSO? DO I HAVE TO BLEED THE SYSTEM WITH THE LITTLE VALVE BY THE THERMOSTAT? PLEASE HELP…THANKS
RUSS

Re: Loosing Coolant-help

Originally posted by 92InTeGrA
HEY THE OTHER DAY I WAS DRIVING AND I BLEW A RADIATOR HOSE…SO I PULLED OVER AND LUCKY I WAS A FEW BLOCKS FROM AN AUTO PARTS STORE I BOUGHT THE HOSE AND CHANGED IT…THEN I FILLED THE OVERFLOW TANK UP WITH ANTIFREEZE-TODAY I LOOK AND THE TANK IS EMPTY…DO I HAVE TO ADD DIRECTLY TO THE RADIATOR ALSO? DO I HAVE TO BLEED THE SYSTEM WITH THE LITTLE VALVE BY THE THERMOSTAT? PLEASE HELP…THANKS
RUSS

ya you’ll definitely need to fill up your radiator. check it in the morning before you start her up and see how full you radiator is by taking off the cap. let her run untill warm, check again. letting it run untill warm will open up the thermostat and check to see if you have any coolent left. just do this untill your radiator and overfill tank is full. oh and don’t bleed it, no need. i did that to mines after changing my hoses and snapped that bitch off, went to acura and found out the it’s not needed they gave me a oem replacement. it has no bleeder bolt so no need to bleed. just check and refill you’ll be ok.

ok great thanks alot buddy im gonna go do it now…

cooling system

When filling the radiator you should always make sure the heater system is on hot to allow the coolant to flow through the entire system just in case air got into the heater core when you lost your coolant.