Low gas light

OK, read in my owners manual that when my fuel level drops to 2.6 gallons my red gas light is suppose to go on. I know for a fact that I have ran it to 1.2 gallon several times but my light has never gone off. The car is 16 years old but seeing as that light hardly ever is used and all of the other lights have not burnt out I doubt if this one is, but who knows?
Is there a way to test the light? Is it suppose to come on at start-up as a self check?

doesnt come on during start up. You can pull the cluster and check it easy, now pulling the cluster is not so easy but…

Just wanted to throw in a comment since were talking about low gas levels.

I read that our cars have a 40L tank and the light will come on with roughly 10L left. Well the other day I drove my car a lot more then I usually do when it gets low on gas. So I went and filled it up and I stopped pumping gas at 43L I’m not sure out much more it would of taken but yeah I put that much in. Maybe the pumps are wrong?

http://www.g2ic.com/specs.php Lists the specs. The G2 Integra has a 50 L tank.

Yeah I’ve heard the nightmares that others have had. Gauges no longer working after reinstalling and all that. The bulb is probably $5 too!!!
The one thing I absolutly hate is the way the needle never reads the level correctly. One minute I have 1/4 tank the next I have just a little above the red mark! Keeps changing. Mostly when I am driving the needle reads lower than when I’m at a stop light the gauge moves back up! Holy cow! is ther 4 gallons left or 2?!?! :worry:

The light works for me, but is very inconsistent.
Brand new bulb and guage cluster did not improve the accuraccy of the light comming on. My needle is pretty accurate though.

Any level at all is better than my stupid gas gauge on my 89 bronco II.
It always reads 1/2 tank! Didn’t know that when I bought it and on the way home from buying it I ran out of gas on I-75N in Atlanta! Talk about the worse place in the world to be standing on the side of the road with the hood up stratching your nuts!!! :fucksuvs:
I hear that on those trucks in is usually a hole in the float. Though that has nothing to do with Integras so I’ll regress.

my gas meter is inaccurate as hell to lol, its ok until it gets just below half, then it can show quarter tank, half tank, almost empty . ive had this same issue with both my g2’s my g3 was ok

my light worked once when i run out of gas i saw the light come on and i was like cool it works and then she died it was like a light poped on to say you car will die in 3,2,1…dead well more like it blinked

I’ve been driving around on EMPTY for the past fucking hour. An hour guys! It is four in the morning and I still don’t know if my light works or not.

:wtf:

maybe your fuel sending unit is off… Meaning it is telling you that you are on E when you are really not. Just a thought.

[QUOTE=t-mo;1818434]maybe your fuel sending unit is off… Meaning it is telling you that you are on E when you are really not. Just a thought.[/QUOTE]No, I have been watching it for the past few days. Went down to low very steadily and accurately but it stays at low for hell knows how long and it won’t fucking budge. Put $5 of gas in it and the needle didn’t even move.

Aghhh, gravediggers.
2 years old and this thread is a rockin

Hey come on now, I wasn’t about to start another thread, all people do is bitch at each other for not searching.

Besides, this information is very relevant.

Mine doesn’t seem to come on either - but then again, when I drove it to the point of the gauge being right at the empty line and went to fill up all the way I could only pump 10.8 gallons into her - any idea what that could be?

Aghhh, gravediggers.
2 years old and this thread is a rockin

Hey, he didn’t start a new thread. What’s the difference? At least anyone else that searches for the info can get the old info at the same time.

my light will fade on and off when i get close to empty and when its hard on get out and walk it will stay on.

mine does the same thing… sometimes it will come on and sometimes it wont… i had a grand am that the light came on once about 35 feet before the car ran out of gas!!!.. it was sooo much fun to watch the gas gauge in that car… when i had a half tank and turned right the gauge would go to empty and the light would come one and then like a block later it would be off and back to half again… lol

Bumping an old thread looking for fix,

Mine doesn’t work either no light up on start. Do I need to fix the bulb or lift up
Rear seat and mess with it there?

[QUOTE=jtkc;2329398]Mine doesn’t work either no light up on start. Do I need to fix the bulb or lift up
Rear seat and mess with it there?[/QUOTE]

The light is not supposed to come on when you start the car. If you lift up the rear seat, you can test the light from there. It is explained in the service manual.

Your fuel sending unit may be bad. That part is discontinued, so I’ve been buying junk yard ones hoping I find a good one.