Mango problems.

after searching, the most consistent thing I’ve found is the igniter.

This is what happened. Today, my car started missing at low rpm under heavy throttle. After somemore driving with the same conditions, I reached my destination and shut it off. About an hour later, I started it back up and started driving home. Not too long after I hooked up onto the highway, it started bogging like crazy under SOMEWHAT heavy throttle. By the time I got home, the symptoms were basically:

anything under 3000rpm the car sounded like it was gonna die; frup frup frup frup. After 3000rpm under light throttle it would be fine…but heavy throttle it would be the same again. IT IS LIKE WHEN A WIRE COMES OUT OF UR DISTRIBUTOR CAP. I put a timing light to each spark plug wire, and all of them flash consistently.

A compression test (just did it for the heck of it) yielded about 210 all across. Plugs looked fine.

My car is overdue for a tune up, so I will be doing that; but I thought I’d see if anyone knew exactly whatz up.

im no genius when it comse to under the hood, but a tune uip cant hurt! go from there and then see,

Originally posted by BlueG2
im no genius when it comse to under the hood, but a tune uip cant hurt! go from there and then see,

:up:

exactly what I’m gonna do.

Make sure your tranny ground is tight. If that’s not the issue, it may be something as simple as a bad spark plug wire. I’ve seen it happen. I doubt it’s the igniter, but it could be. Sometimes they can cause some weird crap.

You didn’t get an engine light right?

I had a similar problem the other day, but I think my oxygen sensor just got wet (I got a Code 1). Also it cleared up without me doing anything…

But I’m confused. Didn’t you just put that motor in?

hey

mine the distributor cap was loose just check all your wires thet they’re tight fitting and that the dis cap is not cracked corroded and screwed on tightly

I had the same problem in the fall. It works fine if you feather the throttle, but once you push it down it boggs down and wont even get any higher RPM’s. I replaced the whole dist. and it fixed my problem. Also I was getting a code for #1 cyl. position (CYL) and another too. It sounds like the same problem to me.

puttering

mine did that a while ago i turned out to be the distributer check it might be it.

:clap:

one of my spark plug wires was internally busted…so after a new set and new rotor and cap, Mango is all good again.

:rockon:

Originally posted by E-DA9
[B]:clap:

one of my spark plug wires was internally busted…so after a new set and new rotor and cap, Mango is all good again.

:rockon: [/B]

Oh yeah :rockon:!!!

hey mango i Live in Ontario just wondering what kind of exhuast u runing and how much it cost and where?:bow:

Originally posted by ohhenrygs
hey mango i Live in Ontario just wondering what kind of exhuast u runing and how much it cost and where?:bow:

Greddy MX. I had a shop install it since I didn’t feel like dealing with rusted bolts. With tax and all it came to $1000 installed. (CAD) The exhaust is $850 b4 tax.

Max,

How do you tell if a wire is internally busted?

Originally posted by JONNNY
[B]Max,

How do you tell if a wire is internally busted? [/B]

When I pulled mine off it broke at the distributor.

U can use a multimeter and check the resistance.

what should the resistance be?
mine ranged from 6.7-12.4 is this ok? at 20K

yay!!!11:)

Glad the problem was simple Max. Good to hear it’s running good.

Oh, and just a side note, just because the resistance of the wire checks good, doesn’t mean the wire isn’t bad. Poor or cracked insulation around the spark plug or wire means arcing (shorting to ground) which will have the same effect as removing a spark plug wire. After all, the path of least resistance is where the spark is gonna go.