Manual Tranny Swap

I’ve read shenrie’s auto-manual tranny swap workup, and I’m just curious if the following parts are necessary?

Here’s what he originally listed as parts needed, the ones I’m wondering about are the ones with ?s because I’m planning on adding in a performance flywheel and a performance clutch. Wouldn’t they provide the things I’m questioning therefore I wouldn’t need to locate used ones?

• tranny
  • clutchplate - ?
  • pilot bearing - ?
  • throwout bearing - ?
  • pressure plate - ?
  • clutch cable and housing
  • clutch pedal assembly (including all pedals and wiring)
  • shifter with boot & knob
  • shift linkage
  • intermediate shaft
  • tranny mounts
  • ECU (year specific)
  • gauge bezel

Besides this list I should be good, right? I heard people say I may need new axels, but I wasn’t aware there’s a difference between axels for autos and manuals for our year model cars.

Thanks,
C

Anyone?

Only other thing that I can think about would be a new rear main seal. Might as well replace it while you’re already in there.

If you have cruise control and you plan on keeping it, make sure you get the right set of pedals. If not, no need to worry.

what do you mean by the tranny mount? is it like in the 92-95 civic’s were you have to buy a aftermarket mount for the conversion? or does the tranny just bolt in using a 5 speed tranny mount bracket?

no the mount does not work for both. i jimmy rigged mine to work but it is not how it was meant to be at all. its safe, dont get me wrong. its just not 100% compatible

so a aftermarket mount IS required

I have been looking all over the place for Shenrie’s auto to manual swap guide. Where did you find it at?

You need to get the mount from Innovative Mounts that is for mounting a manual trans into an automatic chassis.

[QUOTE=paul06660;2029484]I have been looking all over the place for Shenrie’s auto to manual swap guide. Where did you find it at?

You need to get the mount from Innovative Mounts that is for mounting a manual trans into an automatic chassis.[/QUOTE]

http://g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40496

Yah but do I need the following parts or no, or are they included when I get an aftermarket flywheel and clutch?

• clutchplate - ?
  • pilot bearing - ?
  • throwout bearing - ?
  • pressure plate - ?

And do I need new axels as well.

The clutch plate/disk and the pressure plate are what make up the clutch, so when you buy the clutch you can assume that those are covered. Won’t hurt to double check if both bearings are included when you buy the flywheel and clutch. They should be included, but you never know.

You don’t need new axles.

[QUOTE=frozenrice;2029664]The clutch plate/disk and the pressure plate are what make up the clutch, so when you buy the clutch you can assume that those are covered. Won’t hurt to double check if both bearings are included when you buy the flywheel and clutch. They should be included, but you never know.

You don’t need new axles.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thank you guys.

You will need the 5 speed half shaft though.

i got one and put it on with my swap and very briefly compared them and didnt redily notice any major differences, though its probly best to just do it. its cheap insurance

I am not sure what the differience is, but over all the 5 speed swap threads I read they all say to use the 5 speed half shaft. Hopefully sometime I can convert to an A-1 Transmission and have my car look and drive like a bone stock 5 speed. I found a good A-1 trans for $100.

you have to use the 5 speed half shaft. auto trans integras don’t use a half shaft, they have longer drivers side cv shaft. When i did my swap on my old h-22, i deleted cruise control, make sure u buy a manual trans ECU, on my prelude some of the automatic trans functions were controlled by the ECU so i had to buy the manual trans ECU to get everything to work. My clutch kit came with pilot and throw out bearing so just double check before you spend money on it. The conversion is easier than you probably think it will be. I did a VTEC swap and auto to 5spd conversion when i was 17 so, do some research and you’ll get it done. The hardest part (which won’t be an issue on your car) was running the hardline for the hydraulic clutch. That was tough. But you’re rockin the cable clutch so you don’t need to worry about that. anyways, good luck.

i got the innovative mount although you can rigg the manual trans racket with longer bolts/washers, and all the questioned things should come with the clutch kit u buy.

He can run of the auto ecu till he gets a five speed unit. The only thing is he will have a blinking S3,S4 light on the cluster.

Rest assured, the Automatic DOES have a half shaft. The CV joints are also the same length. Automatic and 5 Speed CV Joints are the same though. The 5 speed half shaft and automatic half shaft are 2 differient parts, even though they look the same.

Sorry to bump this back up, but do I also need a t-bracket from a 5 speed Integra as well to get this done?

Also, isn’t the intermediate shaft the half shaft?

yes you need a 5 speed half shaft and t bracket.