map light in an RS?

that diagram is from a LS-S. for number 4, would i have the wiring for that in my RS? and would it bolt into stock mirror mounts?

Somebody did this, I believe they said the mounting holes are there but the wiring isn’t.

damn…i wonder how much work this will be? hmm. also, it looks like the sun visors need to be changed. does anyone else have anymore information on this?

i looked at my friends LS, and found out that this will be a LOT more work then i thought. the headliner in my car is not prepared for a map light, and i dont have a sunroof.

Apologies for bumping a 5 year thread.

I was also wondering if I could install a '91 GS Integra map light on a '91 RS Integra.

I read this FAQ:

http://www.jdmuniverse.com/forums/how-tos-tutorials/78751-how-install-integra-maplight-your-92-95-civic-2.html

And it looks painful.

However, I remember having to replace my trunk plastic with a GS one, and it had a trunk light. Interestingly enough, the plugs for the trunk light were already in my Integra- it just didn’t have the trunk light before. Plug it in, and it works like a charm.

I’m wondering if the map light plug assembly is already there above the headliner (so all I have to do is cut a hole, plug in the assembly, and screw it in).

Thanks.

If I recall it a lot of work as the wiring is not there an the map light mounts to the sun roof frame so no sun roof no mount so it be a lot of work .002

oh, so it mounts to the sunroof… damn!
Well, I get how to splice the wires and connect everything, its just that it’ll be flimsy- no matter how small I cut the headliner. I can use some adhesive or silicone, but that’d just be nasty- and if it doesn’t work out well, I’ll soon be lookin’ for a new headliner in the junkyard…

Maybe I"ll attempt if I ever get brave enough.

back from dead topic bump easier solution for non map light equipped integras

i have a simplier method for installing map lights and gaining a few other neat features n future options for da’s with no map lights.
my solution comes from owning a crx and source of how to is via “the crx community.com

im providing a link that is a very good - how to topic

http://crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31377&start=25

essentially youll be sourcing a rearview mirror from a different car company, the write up and myself went with a chevy rearview mirror w/ built in map lights.
i took it a step further and went with an 05 impala mirror that has the auto-tinting glass, compass and onstar( figured i could come up with some kind of nifty functions for the onstar and other buttons down the road.
now since i chose the mirror i did i had to go to a chevy dealership and buy the metal windshield mount because of the weight of the mirror and all the electronics stuffed inside mirror.
i had to also source the 16 pin pinout diagram for the mirror which i found on “the12volt.com” via another forum member. looks very clean and i plain on doing this mod in my RS

i think that with either some editing, or geticouget permission or ok from creator of the write up so that if we as a group or the admins approve it
could it be nominated for a sticky in a faq or something maybe