MB Quart component system install

I bought these like almost a month ago, 2 weeks ago I tried to install it myself and found out that the 2 front speaker brackets (stock) would not be compatible w/ my new 6.5" mb quarts. How do u go about on doing this? The magnet for the new speaker is bigger and goes deeper into the panel. Do I have to drill new holes again and attach the hardware bracket supplied by the MB Quart or do I modify the stock one that I have?

Another thing is when I took out my door panel I can’t find a spot where I can put my damn crossovers…

Need help

Take a razor knife and cut out the back of the speaker basket. Then your new 6.5 speakers will fit. There is tons of room behind the door panel to fit the crossover. Try mounting it just above the speaker. You could also use tie wraps to mount the xover on the inside of the door frame just make sure that the window operates properly after mounting the xover. You might have to move it around until you find a good spot.

i have mb quart 6.5 components in my teg. i took out the stock basket and used those plastic ring spacer “things” lol. i dunno what they’re called but they give you room to install the speakers.

Originally posted by iNteGraz92
i have mb quart 6.5 components in my teg. i took out the stock basket and used those plastic ring spacer “things” lol. i dunno what they’re called but they give you room to install the speakers.

Where can I get these plastic ring spacer thingies?

Originally posted by 2ndJenn
Take a razor knife and cut out the back of the speaker basket. Then your new 6.5 speakers will fit. There is tons of room behind the door panel to fit the crossover. Try mounting it just above the speaker. You could also use tie wraps to mount the xover on the inside of the door frame just make sure that the window operates properly after mounting the xover. You might have to move it around until you find a good spot.

Is there a reason why the stock speakers have a basket? I don’t want to mess up my new speakers.

I guess I never looked at the space just above the speaker holes, I tried it in the middle and far back and it doesn’t have enough space there (somewhat).

Ive always assumed the silly stock speakers mounted onto that semi-enclosed basket so as to protect them from any water that may seep down into the door.

I cut them off, and try not to drive around in the rain with my windows down.

Make sure your speakers will fit, otherwise, just make up some custom mounts out of mdf; easy as. I have a pair of oversize 6.5" splits which i tried to install into the teg. They needed their own mounting rings but were still too deep to fit.

Originally posted by jaylo
Where can I get these plastic ring spacer thingies?

they came w/ the components
i have RSB 218’s