MDX antenna sucks or what?

ARCHIVETHIS

some pics

Another thing to do if your getting crap reception is use your non power, if it came with ur car, antenna and install it behind the panel of something (ie rear panel near hatch glass or rear door). extend it as much as possible and secure it. Get a connector to splice into the existing antenna wires. Waala u have better reception.

Here are some pics of it…

http://www.ebav.net/temp/ant/antenna.htm

hey guys, if you got the antenna from Locustom, you should have quite a bit of extra length on the antenna cable. don’t hide it! I just un-tie mine and lay it out on the rear deck between the back seat the hatch glass. boom, I have 90% of the quality of reception from the stock antenna. I think it kinda solve the problem for now, I just need to find a good way to loop the cable. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by KPL
hey guys, if you got the antenna from Locustom, you should have quite a bit of extra length on the antenna cable. don’t hide it! I just un-tie mine and lay it out on the rear deck between the back seat the hatch glass. boom, I have 90% of the quality of reception from the stock antenna. I think it kinda solve the problem for now, I just need to find a good way to loop the cable. :slight_smile:

people probably want it to look clean :slight_smile:

okay, I got this one installed now. And my reception really sucks. I already kinda expected that from all of your replys, but radio just isn’t very strong up here, and I need to boost it. I tried using my stock non powered antenna by splicing into bottom piece and extending it, but found that most times it made reception worse. I noticed that my S2k antenna did ZERO for reception, reception was the same with it even removed. Was this the same for all of you? Also, after tightening the antenna many times, I noticed that the S2k Antenna started to bottom out on the actual mast. The metal part started to pop out below the rubber mast. I hope this wasn’t damaged.

When I get the FM antenna, should I splice both ends on the FM antenna into 1 O connector and then put that on my antenna between the 2 screws? I mean the antennas have 2 connect points, 1 is ground I think and I am just curious if this is important to keep in mind.

is it even running to your deck? Sounds like its not if you disconnect it and it doesn’t get much better. I get fairly good reception for its size. Not as good as stock, but maybe its like stock reception when the antenna is up half way.

Originally posted by vtec-typer
[B]I noticed that the S2k Antenna started to bottom out on the actual mast. The metal part started to pop out below the rubber mast. I hope this wasn’t damaged.

. [/B]

u shoudl get getting at least semi decent reception, but about that tightening thing, i over tightened mines and the interior piece of the antenna came apart from the rubber piece, so dont’ over tighten just enough to it to be surdy, and u gotten tighten the bolts under the mast if u have the kit not just the antenna

U can try that method of antenna wire i used, it helped alot

did you splice both ends of the fm wire antenna that you added into 1 piece on the o ring?