MDX antenna sucks or what?

is it just me or what? installed the MDX antenna yesterday, looks cool, but now I have no AM reception plus some really bad FM reception. what gives?

if its not aplified its not gonna give u any reception whatso ever

did you tap it into the original antenna? that’s what I did with my s2k antenna… connected a male end back into the female connection that the stock antenna was plugged into… my A.M. still sucks a little… but i’m going to get some antenna wire and/or home stereo antennas to try and figure out a way to get better reception…

Originally posted by JesterR240
if its not aplified its not gonna give u any reception whatso ever

yes, it is amplified. I tap it to the stereo ACC wire.

Originally posted by 92GS-R
did you tap it into the original antenna? that’s what I did with my s2k antenna… connected a male end back into the female connection that the stock antenna was plugged into… my A.M. still sucks a little… but i’m going to get some antenna wire and/or home stereo antennas to try and figure out a way to get better reception…

hey sup dude, if u want a good way to amplify the signal i can tell u, i did it and the freaking signal is as good as stock or better

Originally posted by SOL1D
[B]

hey sup dude, if u want a good way to amplify the signal i can tell u, i did it and the freaking signal is as good as stock or better [/B]

Care to share?

[B]

hey sup dude, if u want a good way to amplify the signal i can tell u, i did it and the freaking signal is as good as stock or better [/B]

yeah what did you do? I was thinking of buying some of that antenna wire…

I would like to know as well. In fact, i think it would be a good idea to write up a “Teg Tip” for it Sol1d, since a lot of our 10+ year old antennas are giving in.

how about a picture of the mdx antenna installed too… along with the tip on amplifying the signal??

yeah, I installed an S2000 antenna and have lost my AM and partially some really low end FM (88.9 for ex.)

please do share your signal boosting secret!:slight_smile:

Originally posted by clemsonteg
how about a picture of the mdx antenna installed too… along with the tip on amplifying the signal??
Check out member Integra2316’s car. He’s got the MDX antenna on his car, and loves it. Got it cheap too!

I’d like to know how to get better reception as well… I got a Fuba antenna, which is supposed to get really good recepton, and my reception totally sucks… the MDX is supposed to be OK but maybe not as good as the Fuba, so if I’m already having problems with this one I don’t want to get the MDX unless I know it will work…

it’s sad to hear that even Fuba is not getting good reception. my NEW MDX is definitely bad :sad:. whoever knows how to boost the reception quality from these short stub kind of antenna, please share your knowledge and help some of your fellows on this board.

I’ve heard this from another guy on team.integra.net but supposedly (he has the S2000 antenna, but one would think that the MDX is similar) he purchased the booster that is inside the body of the S2000. I asked him for a part number, so I’ll post more info when I get it! :smiley:

well i need to know how u guys install your antenna’s for me to tell u how to increase signal, cause if’ you’ve seen the s2k, u need a kit to install, u can get the of a member at honda tech or society or something, and i added something extra to that and it increased the signal

well i need to know how u guys install your antenna’s for me to tell u how to increase signal, cause if’ you’ve seen the s2k, u need a kit to install, u can get the of a member at honda tech or society or something, and i added something extra to that and it increased the signal

yeah arman, i used that same bseries.net kit thing too… so what did you add to it?

TIA bro

Alrite u know the two bottom bolts dude? where the female connection is between, well take off the bottom bolt and get some home antenna wire, u know how home stereo’s use a wire type of antenna? well crimp that to a O type of connecter, and slide that onto between the bolts wher the other O connecter is for the female connection for antenna is also, and bolt it done, and run that wire around the top of hte hatch or bottom, the longer the better, now the reception should be better

Alrite u know the two bottom bolts dude? where the female connection is between, well take off the bottom bolt and get some home antenna wire, u know how home stereo’s use a wire type of antenna? well crimp that to a O type of connecter, and slide that onto between the bolts wher the other O connecter is for the female connection for antenna is also, and bolt it done, and run that wire around the top of hte hatch or bottom, the longer the better, now the reception should be better

sweet… thanks 4 the tips… that’s exactly what i was gonna try… but at least now i know it works :up:

yeah, I did the b-series.net way as well, the only thing different that I did was that I didn’t do the PVC piping thing. I just used the stock piece that worked for the old antenna. I’ll see if I can give that a try on the weekend SOL1D. The wire would be attached to the plastic bodypanels correct? Do you think it would be good if you could mount a large coil of the home antenna wire in there as well?

Originally posted by 92 Teg-B18A
yeah, I did the b-series.net way as well, the only thing different that I did was that I didn’t do the PVC piping thing. I just used the stock piece that worked for the old antenna. I’ll see if I can give that a try on the weekend SOL1D. The wire would be attached to the plastic bodypanels correct? Do you think it would be good if you could mount a large coil of the home antenna wire in there as well?

yea i smashed that piece of crap PVC to h@ll, used teh stock piece, still moves a bit, but very tite.

Well for the wire i ran a single wire along the rear trunk, i ran out of wire, so i left it exposed so i could find it later on and add on to it. but what i did to run the wire was i made it stick out of the panel right whree it started, and kinda stuck it under teh seal that runs on top fo the panels, since the wire i had was small enough to hide