Miata wheels on my TEG

So I’m looking for some 14" wheels to put a spare set of tires on and the 14" 5 spoke Miata wheels are the same size. I’ve heard that the center of the wheel needs to be machined to fit on Hondas/Integras. Can anyone confirm this and tell me how much work is involved?

Chunk

Ive got the stock 92-93 GSR 14" wheels if you’re interested.

I really want the Miata Wheels. They are (depending on the model & year) between 8.5 & 12lbs.

Not all are that light but there are like 4 styles for me to choose from.

Thanks though,
Chunk

These are only 8.5lbs:

And these are 10.8 - 11.5 lbs

Chunk

cool

Man those first ones kick ass. What year are those from?

Ben

They are from a 92-95 Miata

For your referance

Chunk :smiley:

They are going to be so hard to find. They only came with a certain package.

I will find some though.

Ben

I just found this:

"Applicable to: '90 - '97 '99 + 1.6 liter 1.8 liter

BBS wheels like those on 93 special edition.

After having a hard time finding the Miata set of BBS wheels, I found out that BMW offered the same wheels for their 1990 - 1993 BMW 3 series. And the best thing about them was the price!! I paid $220 for a set of four off eBay! The only came with two center caps, but they are exactly the same as the Miata special eds; made by BBS, 14inch, 14x7 so they’re a little wider than stock. They look absolutely great!!! Since they’re a little older, they shouldn’t cost as much as the Miata BBS wheels. You can take a look at my pictures on miata.cardomain.com/id/silversurfer. I’ll have more pics up but for those who’ve been looking for the Miata BBS wheels, there are cheaper alternatives and it’s the BMW BBS wheels!!"

http://www.miata.net/products/wheels/bbs.html

Chunk :smiley:

Re: Miata wheels on my TEG

Originally posted by Chunk
[B]So I’m looking for some 14" wheels to put a spare set of tires on and the 14" 5 spoke Miata wheels are the same size. I’ve heard that the center of the wheel needs to be machined to fit on Hondas/Integras. Can anyone confirm this and tell me how much work is involved?

Chunk [/B]

This is true. The hub ring on miatas is smaller than ours. I would take in one of your wheels when you take the miata wheels to the machine shop and say “I need this part of this wheel the same size as this wheel”

There are people on the CRX resource with miata wheels on their crxs, they could probably tell you what to expect price wise.

Those are 14x7?!? Heall yeah, now I really want a set!

Ben

I WANT SOME I WANT SOME!! NOW!!? ANYBODY WANT MY STOCK 92 GSR RIMS?!?! PLEASE?! STRAIT TRADE (NO TIRES) FOR YOUR 8.5 POUNDERS?! NOW NOW NOW!

but seroiusly if anyone has any idea on how to purchase these please let me know, via email. spanks.

CHUNK…where did you get those weights from? can you confirm them?

and what exactly has to be modified.?

You can start here for the wheel weights:

Miata Wheel Weights

And as answered above, the hub ring needs to be enlarged.

I’m not sure how realistic it is to find the 8.5lb BBS’s, but I’m gonna try. I’m also not sure about the BMW’s listed in a previous post. I’m guessing that thosae are the 10.5 lb version.

I did find some 90-93 7-spokes for sale locally, these weigh 12.3lbs and are the ugliest IMHO, but are cheap. :smiley:

Chunk

That link says they are only 14x6, but they are still cool.

I have the normal 325 bmw wheels and they are 14x6.5. vinny (JETSWU) weighed them at 10.5 lbs but when I weighed them on a bathroom scale they were 12lbs. I have been trying to find one at a junk yard to weigh with my postal scale but have been unsuccessful thus far.

Ben