Mishimoto Radiator is a good buy

This is what happens when you get a mishimoto radiator. Mind you I barely drive the car maybe once a week now. Seems to be leaking at the welds and some of the fins? All my nice Honda Blue Type II coolant on the ground.

you sure you didnt bent it when you slapped on your fans? My friend has the full size and it never leaked even when we was smashing on the highway for a good minute

It’s not bent. I’ve done a search and a lot of people have the same problem with these. “Smashing on the highway” is not what I call abuse. I do way more than just “smashing on the highway.” It’s leaking from multiple places. Currently awaiting reply from mishimoto about the warranty.

well first thing i noticed was the fan mounting zip ties are mounted incorrectly…
i dont know why you would use the foam pads on the other side of the mounting hole… are you looking to protect the fan or the radiator?

that is a picture i grabbed from mishimoto’s pdf file. as you can see also in your pictures the mounting feet are a little offset from the fans shroud where it faces the radiator…
without those foam pads vibrations and whatnot can cause the fan to pull on the zip ties and move them around.

do you have pictures of where else its leaking from… have the radiator pressure tested and if it can be fix just get it welded.

i personally went with something cheaper than the mishimoto… and when they first came out all they ranted and raved was about their warranty and thats why they’re better than the competitors so i hope it works for you.

It’s leaking from random places of the radiator and none are from the top. The reason that fan is mounted like that because it’s a little warped and I used the foam as a spacer for THAT fan.

I bent a lot of fins when putting the fans back on on my cxracing radiator. No problems and no leaks for 2 years. I think its a hit or miss with these rads.

well wth…what radiator is recommended…i never knew they had problems

Take the fan off and take pic of the holes made to hold the fan in place.

I’ve had mine for a year now and no problems so far. They say lifetime warranty no matter how u use it or abuse it…no questions asked. Id say just have them replace it for u. GL.

^^This. I just got one of these in, and i dont see how they could deserve such a bad review. Id like to see pics to tell if it was the way you installed the fans that caused this. Keep us posted on Mishimotos warranty situation also!

There is more to their warranty in the fine print than that.

http://www.mishimoto.com/warranty-info.html

The purchaser’s remedy for breach of this limited warranty, exclusive of all other remedies provided by law, is expressly limited to repair or replacement of any part or parts. All products returned for warranty consideration must be returned to MP with all transportation expenses prepaid. MP shall not be responsible for damages to its product or injury to persons using the product in any manner that would constitute improper operation, including but not limited to: incorrect opening of radiator pressure caps, burst hoses, application or usage not intended by MP, negligence, improper installation, or any other use that may cause damages or injury. MP shall not be responsible for injury or harm to persons or property caused by persons or vehicles using our products.

If it is a defect, then yes they should cover it.

in the computer world people have punctured their rads (for those that dont know, yes, water cooling does exist for computers) from improper mounting. Ditto pics on the radiator where the fan was mounted.

It’s not only leaking from the fins. It’s leaking from the bottom area too. Will get more pics when I take this out. It’s kind of hard to do this when I live in an area where street cleaning is and I have to constantly move my car twice a week. Also, when I first got the radiator it leaked like crazy when I found out their crappy drain plug failed.

Anyways, there’s a few people with “leaking” problems if you just search the internet. I didn’t do a vigorous search either. Just a simple search. Some have similar issues like mine and some have different issue with caps which are solved using other caps.

http://clubsciontc.com/forums/product-reviews-31/mishimoto-radiator-leaking-23538/
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/mishimoto-radiator-lasted-me-10-days-and-now-its-leaking.792240/

if its leaking from the fins how can you confidently say that it’s leaking from the bottom too?

Hello,

We apologize for any inconvenience regarding this issue. As with any manufacturing, there will be issues here and there. To say that our product is not a good buy is a strong and unfair statement. Also, we have a lifetime warranty for the rare cases that there are problems.

Also, you do have the fan mount kit installed incorrectly, which probably caused the leaks you are seeing. Please refer to the below link for installation instructions.

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-62631657248580/mmfanmount.pdf

Lastly, we have a lifetime warranty and would be happy to help you. Please feel free to visit the below link to file a warranty claim.

http://www.mishimoto.com/warranty.html

as a future purchaser of your radiator i’m curious…i daily drive my integra and i would like to question as far as your warranty goes, how do you go about swapping radiators? i cant have a down day w/ my vehicle in the rare case that it does leak, which i’m not saying it will, its just a general question that i’m sure others would like to know as well.

Does anyone know if there are fake Mishimoto radiators out there? I don’t see the serial number on mine where it should be on the drivers side riveted piece that says Mishimoto on it.

Im pretty sure they dont have serial numbers. Look at the pic tilegend posted showing how your actually suppose to mount the fan above.

I know how to mount the fans I have the instruction manual that came with it and pics, how about reading what I posted

i love my mishimoto radiator no problems thus far but i wish OP best of luck… cant every piece be perfect eventually one or two will mess up its just how it goes… but at least mishimoto responded directly on here… props for that…