Modacar

I bought a Progress 22mm rear sway from them. Took it to a shop that can make custom roll-cages, does tuning, alignments all that,… where they refused to install it on my DA - said it was for a DC. I know… I know… this bar has been installed on a DA b4. Progress has same part #s on rear sway for DA and DC.

That’s not the point. I don’t weld. If a shop can’t do it I sure as f…k prolly can’t install it either. Got a ST 19mm sway that bolted right on instead from a real on-line business, Summit Racing. Wanted to return the Progress bar.

you can do that when you order on-line right? Pay restock fee whatever…

The service rep guy kept giving me the run-around when I called to return the bar, blamed it on Progress… Send me pictures of it… I’ll call you back… Sent the pictures. Called them before the 10 days stated in their terms & conditions were up. In fact met all their conditions to get a return authorization. Still in box, never installed.
:rules:
They never replied to emails/phone once. Only time I manage to talk to them is when I call. Gave up for a while. Filed a BBB complaint they didn’t respond to either. Called them again a few months l8r and a lady answered,… she was like, “whoa really? WTF… I’ll tell 'em to call you back. Doesn’t sound right”
:wtf:
They didn’t…

first of all modacar is crap to me also

But you are blaming it on the wrong reason
Progress is known to be not bolt on factory Style D Brackets

You have to drill threw the subframe to bolt on and or weld the brackets to the subframe.

this is 100% your fualt for not researching

You did get fucked on the return part. I would of drive down to livermore to return/Give them a peice of my mind.

Prostreetonline sucks harder.

i live pretty close to them, and have delt with them in person, a lil pricy but no problems

why?

Some places try to get away with a lot more when it’s a web sell. But flip a jekyll & hyde when they actually have to deal w/ the customer face-to-face. Never had anybody else do that, but then I tend to avoid sketchy-looking deals. That’s the problem – they have such a flashy, clean-looking site but for me customer-relations stunk like dog s…t

Is it surprising to you they would totally blow somebody off on a legit return?

Don’t know about sucking harder, But they suck pretty bad…

For Prostreet, Some time ago I went in person and placed a order for afew items. A H4H HID kit, Brembo Cross drilled front rotors and PBR Metal master pads… My brakes were shot and decided to do a little something else with the HID kit. Online says everything is “in stock”… No, Waited a week for everything. When i placed the order for the HID kit i told them H4H for the JDM 1 piece headlights, He assured me he was going to order it. Got the kit on the box 9004 was checked off. Told the guy I ordered H4H, 9004 won’t work… He said it would all i’d have to do is use a little bit of sealant. And told me if there were problems… Bring it back. Ok… When it came time to install everything… Brembo rotors were blank… And I just looked at the H4H bulb and didn’t even bother trying to mod it. Didn’t want to ruin the 1 pieces.

So I look at their return policy to return the HID kit… 20% restocking fee, and pay to have it shipped back to their warehouse in LA… Oh and have a PSO officer sign off the reciept. Didn’t even bother as i knew i’d get a run around and barely get half of what i paid for the HID kit back.

I just bought a ball joint from prostreetonline. Turns out I didn’t need it, so I called them up and asked for a return. Maybe one minute l8r tops they were like, “yeah sure no problem here’s your RMA number. make sure to ship in original box. there’s a restock fee. make sure it wasn’t installed and in good shape,…, bla bla,…” Just like it says in their terms and conditions. That’s how it’s supposed to work. That’s all I’m asking for here. A company that doesn’t blow you off on a legit return for 5 months (so far) and give you a shady run-around. Too bad I don’t live in livermore…

Update:

Finally got a call from them today. Aside from threatening me with lawyers for “slandering” them, they agreed to let me ship the part back to them for a refund at my cost. They said they would waive the 25% restock fee but no refund on shipping. Waiting to see how this turns out…

Getting ready to ship it back.

o.k. Return went through, they didn’t refund shipping but waived the 25% restock fee. Technically it wasn’t a defective part, but for the hell I went through to get a simple RMA, it only seems right…

Face-to-face, they were completely different ppl too. I think things may have changed in the last few months, they said the rep I dealt with quit, I don’t know…

Moral of the story for me, you never know who you’re dealing with buying on the internet, no matter how legit their site looks or how big they are… In fact my fat-cat credit card company was just as shady about this deal… If you find a good merchant, just try and stick with them… OR ask other ppl about 'em I guess…

restocking fees are applicable when returning items.especially if it is written on the reciept. usually special order stuff is not returnable. sorry to hear about what you went through,but buyer beware.as for the shop refusing to do the work they are only doing that to cover thier own butts.you really don’t want to waste shop time on something that will be a big problem down the road.some shops will take on a challenge and try it.it all depends on them.