modified dc2 shifter

I was wondering if anyone has successfully cut the bottom of a stock dc integra shifter to fit the da linkage. I’ve been thinking of doing this as I like the slightly longer throw than some of the aftermarket shifters I’ve used. I’ve heard of a lot of the crx and civic guys cutting the bottom to fit the d series linkage so I figured it might work on a da. I know you can swap the whole dc2 linkage but that sounds like a pain.

asides the bends and slight length difference i thought all civic/integra shifters were the same…

are you talking about the weight on the bottom of the linkage? pics might help

The bottom piece where the shifter bolts to the linkage and the little bushing piece slides into is wider on a dc integra. I’ve heard of people with civics dremel the width down to make it bolt to their stock linkage.

11214GSR_Civic_Shifter_004.jpg

whats the perk to this shifter? as opposed to any aftermarket shifter

Oem feel, dual bend but not as notchy as an aftermarket one. I dont know, its one of the best stock shifters in a honda in my opinion.

I trimmed one to fit a friends civic a long time ago. Works like a charm. If that’s the shifter you want, then go for it, there won’t be any problems so long as you cut it to the right size.

[QUOTE=Colin;2330884]I trimmed one to fit a friends civic a long time ago. Works like a charm. If that’s the shifter you want, then go for it, there won’t be any problems so long as you cut it to the right size.[/QUOTE] cool, I’ll probably end up trying this sooner or later.

You could also just run the DC shift linkage as you can still get it from Acura. That way you get a fresh U-joint and it moves the shifter a little further back.

I love my DC shifter, defininitely worth upgrading to.