MOMO hub with and without cruise control

Hello G2! I just purchased a used momo hub for my new momo wheel. It wasnt until I received the hub that I realized that the hub with cruise control (the one I recieved) is different than those without. My DA does not have cruise control.

Here are the differences…

Without cruise control:

With cruise control:

Any ideas on making a horn setup??

After taking apart the OEM steering wheel I dont see how I will be able to use a steering wheel horn. I got the momo hub for a pretty good deal and I would like to use it. I’m thinking about getting a block off plate for the wheel horn and using one of the toggle switched on the dash as a horn button. I have a blank slot (no sunroof) that I could get a working switch for and just use it as a pulse button for the horn. What do you think?

Seriously, how often do you use your horn? Other than honking at people at stop lights for not going on green and honking randomly at my friends, its not often so one on the dash should suffice.

Anyone have any advice on a dash mounted horn button? I can’t find a solid wiring diagram to help with this.

Maybe I can shed a little bit of light on this… i too, ordered the wrong Momo hub and was confused for a bit. I did a little playing around this weekend and was able to get mine fixed. So you have the three prongs that come out of the hub… they need somewhere to go.

After removing the wheel and the white plastic piece, you should have this little guy held in by three phillips head screws. Yours may be slightly different - I have cruise control. We need to remove this and do a little dis-assembling.

The two plastic tabs on the side have rubber sleeves on them (pull them off) and there is one clip holding on to where the connector hooks up. It took a little bit of finesse to separate these two parts.

The backside of mine looks like this (not that it’s really relevant but…)

and I was left with something that the prongs could make contact with… this is already re-installed

After this, I slid the hub back on and used a loose piece of wire to start testing for which wire was the horn wire coming out of the hub. After locating which wire was horn, I was good to go. I used a spade connector on that wire so that I could hook up the horn button. I wired the horn button like this and the loose yellow wire was connected to the hub wire that was hot.

Voila! I hope this helps someone… I know I was pissed when I found I had ordered the wrong hub.

^Thats interesting. Thanks for the diy.

However my problem is that the contact ring is on the steering wheel side for DAs that dont have cruise control vs the ring being on the car side of the DAs with cruise control. The contacts come on the hub (for the cruise control hub) so if you install the cruise control hub on the non cruise control DA the contacts of the hub will hit the contact on the car itself when you turn the wheel.

I think my only option is to wire up a button to the dash or something… havent quit figured out the best option. Although it would be nice to be able to put a contact ring on the cruise control hub to work with the contact on the car.

Oh… gotcha. I didn’t think about that. Couldn’t you get the part off of a Cruise Control car? The black piece that I had to take apart? It has a wire clip that could be cut and spliced to your horn wire. It may not have the three holes to screw down to… but it should be sandwiched between all of the parts. Just a thought. It may not work. I am kinda shooting in the dark not knowing what the non-cruise control models look like. But that would give a contact point for the pins on your hub.