mono VS 2 Channel amp

What would be better running a mono amp for my Alpine Type S 12 sub or running a bridged 2 channel.

on a diff subject… what happened to your headrests?

depends what you want to do. If thats all you want for bumps than a mono is sufficient. If you wanna add another sub in the future a 2 channel would be better.

Originally posted by paymepunk
on a diff subject… what happened to your headrests?

took me a second then i realised what your talking out

I took them off to take the pic so you could see more

Originally posted by Distent_808
depends what you want to do. If thats all you want for bumps than a mono is sufficient. If you wanna add another sub in the future a 2 channel would be better.

Is the only advantage the upgraded capability with the 2 channel

Actually, It doesn’t matter for subs if you use a 2 channel or a mono amp. it depends on the ohm load. so lets say that your sub is a 4 ohm sub, and your amp will make its peak power at 2 ohms mono, now you can run your amp at 4 ohms(also more stable) and you have the expandablity for another 4 ohm sub, run them in parallel and you will get a 2 ohm load. Now as far as which amp, well if you ever plan on using this amp for other applications in the future(lets say for interior speakers) get a 2 channel that is bridgeable, now if you what just an amp that is for subs, get a mono, if you are goin for a mono make sure that it is 2 ohms stable and has a good amont of power, that will leave you expandiblity for more subs. any more questions on audio systems just email me