motor mount question...

Alright i searched and all i saw was fighting about if 90-91 and 92-93 where different…so im making my own thread, im putting my 93 1.7 gsr in my 91 LS, and im going to buy aftermarket motor mounts because they are shot, so heres my question…do i get 90-91 LS motor mounts, or 92-93 gsr motor mounts? im a little confused…thanks for the help!

Get the GSR mounts, so that it would bolt up to your engine…

90-91/92-93 B18a/GSR will mount onto your chassis just fyne… the difference is the way it mounts onto the MOTOR… so I say get GSR mounts…

ok thanks.

Anyone know i good brand of motor/tranny mounts that arent too expensive?

Innovative mounts

This is not that hard to figure out. Look at the part #s and then say they are all the same. They are not the same for everyone.

____________PassMnt______________DrvMnt______________Front____________Back
90 LS…50805-SK7-010 (orig #)…50821-SK7-010…50840-SK7-010 …50810-SK7-020
…50805-SK7-030
93 LS…50805-SK7-030…50820-SK7-A01…50840-SK7-010 …50810-SK7-020
93 GS-R…50805-SK7-030…50821-SK7-010…50840-SK7-010…50810-SK7-020

The original 90-91 trans mount was a different part, but looks like it has been replaced by the same as the 92-93. The driver’s side mount is the same on a 90-91 RS/LS/GS as the one on a 92-93 GS-R, but the 92-93 RS/LS/GS is different. In general, you buy the mounts that are made for the chassis, not the engine.

In your case you should be able to use the 90-91 RS/LS/GS or 92-93 GS-R mounts. Do not try using 92-93 RS/LS/GS mounts. Your best bet is to contact Innovative if you go with them and ask what the difference is, if any, between their 90-91 RS/LS/GS kit, and the 92-93 GS-R kit.
http://www.innovativemounts.com/

i checked out this website, are these good you think?

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=16.1109

also, do i need the motor mounts in somewhat decent condition cause my tranny mount just fell out…

like the rubber piece…

3m window weld is your best Mount friend =D…

Fill up the Motor mounts with 3m window weld, you can purchase it at your local store…

You MUST get the 3M Windo-Weld Primerless Super Fast Urethane Sealant one… make sure it says that exactly on the bottle… because there is also another Window weld that is like SUPER goeey and takes FOREVER to dry…

this stuff will take 24 hours to dry…

http://www.mirage-performance.com/apparts/tech/enginemounts.html

those are instructions right there… this way you wont have to waste money on aftermarket mounts… =D… I did this and the car feels great, No more wheel hop, just better acceleration and launches… So save your money and work up your stock mounts then to get aftermarket mounts…

if the mount is broken, try you best to put the rubber thing back into the mount, align it and squeeze the window weld all into the open space till you fill up the mount… then let it dry, it will hold just as good as aftermarket mounts… =D

hmmm…i think im going to use that windo-weld…its will prolly be cheaper than even buying those inserts…

hmmm, where did you buy the windo-weld because im about to go to home-depot, hoping they have it…

Window-Weld Make Part # 08609 can be gotten at auto parts stores ( I just got it a few days ago at a Standard Auto parts)…home depot won’t have it, at least I looked for a long time in the RTV/sealant section and wasn’t able to find it.

alright i got the windo-weld at levines…im soaking 2 of the motor mounts right now in soap…the other 2 i cant get off cause the motor keeps moving and i have no one helping me (the motors sitting on my engine lift) and the other on i just put the steering and suspension back in and im not taking it out to get to the back motor mount, i can only get to the bold in the front and i just said screw it, so im gonna soak these 2 for a few mins then dry them off and do it…the other 2 i sprayed down with my hose and some soap, now my garage is a river :think:

hmmm…it says in that link that your not reccommend to fill it all the way do to vibrations, but it doesnt look like those are integra mounts…ya think ill get alot of vibrations if i fill the whole thing?

i REALLY need tyo know if anyone knows this plz tell me asap, is the 93 gsr 1.7 engine mount in the front the same as a 91 ls mount…i just need to know if that mount is the same, i put the ls one on and it looks like it fits perfectly, i bolted it up and everything im just not sure if its going to fit on the chassis right…my gsr one my friend ripped out the rubber piece and lost it but i had an LS one lieing around…i dont want to try and put the motor in with the ls mount and fint out it doesnt fit :tsk: thanks!

alright i windo-welded all the mounts, kinda hard to do it with them still in the car/on the motor(wouldnt recommend it) well i mean its anoying…they look like their gonna be pretty sturdy, ill post how they came out once i drop the motor in, prolly gonna be a few days until i get it running…

yes the LS mount will work…

anyhow, you’ll love the stiffer mounts… I love em, cornering feels so much better, and HARD launches seems a whole lot better… a lil extra vibration here and there aint so bad, once you get use to it…

ok, now the new problem, i windo-welded my motor mounts, now i am not sure which bolt was for the motor mounts…anyone have a picture of a motor mount bolt? also, does anyone know if some of them are diff sizes long/ are they a goldish/bronze color rather than a black/grey…thanks…

…i disassembled my whole car thats why…the steering/front suspension im mixing it up with i think…

Most all transmission/mount bolts are golden. The two front mount bolts are 17mm head with somewhat short and with thick washers (only ones with washers), the 17mm headed through-bolt has a washer and special locking nut with a little tail on it (only one like it). Three short rear mount bolts have 14mm head for the rubber mount, and the three ones for the metal mount that goes to the rear of transmission are 17mm heads with a short one with no shoulder on very bottom, next longer one above that (both going in from the driver side), and an even longer one with tapered thread end going through the transmission from the passenger side. Passenger side transmission mount has a nut in the middle and two short 17mm headed bolts. Driver’s side engine mount has a 17mm nut from the top and 14mm head short bolt from the bottom. Thats about as detailed as I can get from recently replacing all the motor mounts Monday.

3M Windo-Weld is good stuff…the Integra never felt better and it is a whole lot easier to shift now with no more shifter binding or drivetrain slop. Rev the car in neutral and you can’t see ANY sign of the engine moving at all - before fixing the mounts with windo-weld you could see the motor rock back a good inch (front and rear mounts were almost totally gone). Now that the clutch is is broken in and mounts are fixed, the racing flywheel and modified stock intake/exaust arrangement were revved up sweetly and quickly today… FUN!