my alternator belt snaped

My alternator belt snapped pretty bad its all over the fuckin area it smoked like shit when the car started with a boost and ate the belt alive. the car wasn’t chargin good. Didn’t think it was a big deal turned the car off came back in to start it does not start try to boost it alternator belt snapped…

any idea on testing the alternator is good or not? how much would it cost at to repair in ottaw? anyone knws any good garage in ottawa?

or get a new car and fix this in the summer my self? or is it somthin i can fix if i got the tools?

is there a easy way to get to the alternator belt and put one on with out takin the damn axle and shit? in a nasty winter weather?

is it worth it?

or buy a new car?
fuck damn integra’s gettin old always problem.

thank u

Most places want you to bring the alternator in to be tested. If you just go buy a new belt and put it on, (there is a bolt on top of the alternator that controls the tension) and the battery light is not on you are fine.

if you want to take the alternator out you need to pull off your wheel, then pull off the half shaft, then unbolt the alternator from the top and bottom. Next unplug the wire harness from it and unbolt the ground wire, then move the alternator kinda out of the way.

Now there is a bracket that you took the bottom alternator bolt out of, there are three bolts holding that in. Just remove the bolts and the bracket and you can take the alternator right out.

REMEMBER! unplug the battery before starting any of this. Lets just say my buddy didnt when we did mine and that ground wire touching any metal is BAD:mad: Well good luck.

I’d almost put money on a bad alternator with a seized up bearing especially if the belt was smoking. Try to spin the alternator pulley and see what happens.

Originally posted by DEADLYACURACCY
I’d almost put money on a bad alternator with a seized up bearing especially if the belt was smoking. Try to spin the alternator pulley and see what happens.

Ditto

Originally posted by DEADLYACURACCY

what would happen?

it will spin if its still good :slight_smile:

Yea, ditto. It will spin if its not seized but you need to put a belt back on or have it teseted to see if it really works.

And yes, you can replace the belt without pulling the alternator or axle. Have to remove left front wheel, plastic panel behind it, and belts for AC and PS.

Why do you have to remove all that to change the belt? You can get it from the top by removing just the other two belts.

Depends on how large your hands are, I found it faster and much easier to pull stuff off, esp. for the lower alternator bolt.