my heat? whats wrong?

yo my heat is not working, my radiator is leaking, its it that?, and if i replace ,does it take long it put in?

Replace Radiator

Replacing your radiator isn’t too hard, maby 2-3 hours max. I just did mine(FLuidyne High Performance Radiators are nice) Make sure you need a new radiator though before you do this. Check to see if your thermastat is stuck open. I’ve heard that this can lead to no heat.

i think its that because, wheneva i put antifreeze in, it gets real hot, but when its leaks out it turns cold again

Re: Replace Radiator

Originally posted by 91honeyac
Replacing your radiator isn’t too hard, maby 2-3 hours max. I just did mine(FLuidyne High Performance Radiators are nice) Make sure you need a new radiator though before you do this. Check to see if your thermastat is stuck open. I’ve heard that th is can lead to no heat.
:mad: it should not mater if your rad. is leaking if anything the heat should go up. also if you have a automatic your tranny will not shift into overdrive if the engine temp is low. make sure you bleed all air from bleed screw, bleed as the engine temp rises and you add coolant, make sure no air is traped because an air pocket at the throttel position sensor will drasticly increase your idle rpm. replace thermostat (it’s a pain.) also check to make sure your electrict fans are not coming on when engine is cold if they do you could have a short in the fan relay causing an over cool. try the old flush and refill as well. good luck