my integra shakes like a mofo

Hey guys i need help! I ythink i been hitting too many dips after i dropped my car. Whenever i got past 20-30 miles per hour, well usually when i accelerate the car shakes a lot. If i hit 50 or 60 it feels like my door is going to rattle right off or my windows will shatter. I’m not sure what the problem is because when I slow down I here a clicking noise somewhere at my front wheels or engine. Help! I haven’t been driving for a week cause i’m scared my **** will blow up if it keeps shaking.

sounds like a problem with your front axle boots

Sounds like an axle

I had the same thing happen to me…at first there would be a light howl coming from the front end at certain speeds. Then one day, while I was on the freeway, the front end started shaking noticably, I could feel it through the steering wheel. All of the sudden I hear a pop and the steering wheel pulls to the right. I manage to get off the road. Boot blew up… and spewed grease everywhere. I actually had the whole axle replaced.

Not sure if it was the boot that caused a problem with the axle, but either way, I never have had an axle go out that way… and I have had to replace quite a few… I think I am on my 4th SET!! Usually its just the “clicking while turning”. Oh well, I have heard that G2s just go through axles when the are lowered.
You may want to get it checked out, hope this helps
jay

Yeah about a week after i bought mine (about a month and a half ago, 144K miles), which had been lowered, it started to shake a lot when i accelerated. I could feel it most on the stick. Both boots were torn open, and they had flung grease everywhere too. They had to replace both axles, a few friends told me that there was no need to replace the whole axle when just the boot was messed up… I don’t know though. Good luck to you

Axles COULD be it…but I think it sounds like cupped tires personally…Do u have a camber kit? a cupped tire is not rounded on the inside of the tread…the tread is actually “blocked” I’ve seen this cauze vibration in a car many times. Go rub your hand over the tread on the backside of the tire and see if it feels “lumpy”.

just my two cents

Originally posted by green93gsr
They had to replace both axles, a few friends told me that there was no need to replace the whole axle when just the boot was messed up… I don’t know though. Good luck to you

The reason the axles got replaced as well, is because the axle has to come completely out when replacing the boot… might as well put in a new axle for not that much more $, to be on the safe side.

Re: my integra shakes like a mofo

Originally posted by y2james00
Hey guys i need help! I ythink i been hitting too many dips after i dropped my car. Whenever i got past 20-30 miles per hour, well usually when i accelerate the car shakes a lot. If i hit 50 or 60 it feels like my door is going to rattle right off or my windows will shatter. I’m not sure what the problem is because when I slow down I here a clicking noise somewhere at my front wheels or engine. Help! I haven’t been driving for a week cause i’m scared my **** will blow up if it keeps shaking.

mine shakes as well too, but when i brake, it shakes real bad too it feels like the steering wheel is gonna come off, i dont have a clue what it could be they say its the cv axles i dont even know what that is, other people say its i need to reslot my rotors, i jacked up my ride and saw that a little boot like the one under the shift boot was torn on both sides, my car has been slammed to the last thread on my skunk2’s thats more than two inches not really sure but it scrapes everywhere, yesterday i raced an eagle tallon it was all hooked up and i hit a railroad it sounded freaky, any way i got home and jacked it up again and saw that on the passenger side on my skunk2’s it was leaking this thin liquid looks like brake fluid and from inbetween the spring and the thing that looks like a cylinder (which is part of the coilovers) i pulled out two chunks of red spongy material it was soaked with that liquid, iff any one could help please help me

shakes when u brake= warped rotors

think of it as you running on a race track and there are holes and bumps on it. Your car isnt going to ride smooth. But if the track was nice and flat, the ride would be smooth. Its the smae way with with rotors. If they have bumps (you cant see them) and other imperfections, the pads arent rubbing on a flat surface, they feel the imperfections and the energy transfers throught the cars frame and into the steering wheel.

CV axles=constant velocity axles

they are basically a metal shaft that goes from tranny to wheels. Thats how you get power from tranny to wheels. Its like the way you get power from engine to tranny is through the clutch. If the clutch is on the flywheel energy is transfered from energy to tranny then to axles then to wheels. they spin at high speeds, so they need lubrication (thats the grease people talk about spilling everywhere). the grease is in the cv boots (black rubber things) inside the ruber case, there are ball bearings that make the axle spin better. When the rubber breaks the grease is gone and the the bearing are rubbing togeter w/o lubrication, thats why u hear the whining ,clicking noises when u turn or accelerate. the boots can be fixed, its a lot cheaper, but u have to take the axle out so u might as well put a new one in. Auto parts stores have them for sale (MAKE SURE YOU GET ONE WITH A LIFE TIME WARRANTY) so if they brake you can take them back and get a new one free as long as you have the reciept.

Red Spongy material=85% sure they are bumpstops

bumpstops are rubber in ur shock assembly that when u hit a big bump the shock (cant explain real well, someone help me out) hits the rubber instead of metal. Its for protection. But after 10-12 years these things will disintegrate (sp?). So when u put on ur Skunks chances are u came in contact with them. They are either red or yellow. So it might be that. Clean it out and drive a couple of days. if it doesnt come back its ur bumpstops, if it does come back check ur brake fluid, power steering fluid, tranny fluid all of them have a dark red, brown, black color.

Ok im done now
HTH
if any more experienced ppl wanna add to this or correct it go rite ahead

thanx a lot

Originally posted by 90TegLS
[B]shakes when u brake= warped rotors

think of it as you running on a race track and there are holes and bumps on it. Your car isnt going to ride smooth. But if the track was nice and flat, the ride would be smooth. Its the smae way with with rotors. If they have bumps (you cant see them) and other imperfections, the pads arent rubbing on a flat surface, they feel the imperfections and the energy transfers throught the cars frame and into the steering wheel.

CV axles=constant velocity axles

they are basically a metal shaft that goes from tranny to wheels. Thats how you get power from tranny to wheels. Its like the way you get power from engine to tranny is through the clutch. If the clutch is on the flywheel energy is transfered from energy to tranny then to axles then to wheels. they spin at high speeds, so they need lubrication (thats the grease people talk about spilling everywhere). the grease is in the cv boots (black rubber things) inside the ruber case, there are ball bearings that make the axle spin better. When the rubber breaks the grease is gone and the the bearing are rubbing togeter w/o lubrication, thats why u hear the whining ,clicking noises when u turn or accelerate. the boots can be fixed, its a lot cheaper, but u have to take the axle out so u might as well put a new one in. Auto parts stores have them for sale (MAKE SURE YOU GET ONE WITH A LIFE TIME WARRANTY) so if they brake you can take them back and get a new one free as long as you have the reciept.

Red Spongy material=85% sure they are bumpstops

bumpstops are rubber in ur shock assembly that when u hit a big bump the shock (cant explain real well, someone help me out) hits the rubber instead of metal. Its for protection. But after 10-12 years these things will disintegrate (sp?). So when u put on ur Skunks chances are u came in contact with them. They are either red or yellow. So it might be that. Clean it out and drive a couple of days. if it doesnt come back its ur bumpstops, if it does come back check ur brake fluid, power steering fluid, tranny fluid all of them have a dark red, brown, black color.

Ok im done now
HTH
if any more experienced ppl wanna add to this or correct it go rite ahead [/B]

:bowdown: :bowdown: i posted a new thread called (plz help me with my suspension) it explains my probs in more detail, but i think this reply is all i need thanx bro, now all i need is to get new axles and cv joints and cv boots, another question how much do you think this is gonna cost me?

axles have the cv joints and boots already on them.

all u do is go to auto parts store and ask for cv axle. they come with new cv boots filled with the grease.

for one they might charge around $70-$100. u give them ur old one and they give u money back for ur old one. Then u got to get thme installed. i have no clue how much that is. find out at local repair shops. but i heard it isnt a hard job at all. get the helm manuel look it up and see if u want to try it.

like i said make sure u get lifetime warranty

[QUOTE=NtegraGS;287246]Axles COULD be it…but I think it sounds like cupped tires personally…Do u have a camber kit? a cupped tire is not rounded on the inside of the tread…the tread is actually “blocked” I’ve seen this cauze vibration in a car many times. Go rub your hand over the tread on the backside of the tire and see if it feels “lumpy”.

just my two cents[/QUOTE]

I’ve ran into this problem as well but it happens when I’m driving it doesn’t matter how fast I’m going, I first thought it was my axle so I replaced it but it kept doing it, I do have some camber wear but how can I tell if it’s lumpy can you feel it