my power window is not working!!?!

well the other day, a couple a fuses had blown,but i replaced them, then all of sudden the passenger side window is not working. whats wrong? is it the fuse?

thats interesting my passenger window goes down but not up. goes up if driver does it but not passenger. does yours not work from either side? If its a fuse I would like to know so that I can fix mine.

Originally posted by Chado
thats interesting my passenger window goes down but not up. goes up if driver does it but not passenger. does yours not work from either side? If its a fuse I would like to know so that I can fix mine.

Mine does the EXACT same thing. Where is the smart guy that can help us! :rant:

I ran into the same problem, it’s the fuse sockets which tend to wear out after 10+ years. The easiest way to fix this is to place something between the power window fuses so it will sit in the socket slightly in an angle / … I just put a little piece of cardboard between the fuses. :wink:

thats interesting my passenger window goes down but not up. goes up if driver does it but not passenger.

Mine did this, '92 GSR. It wasn’t a fuse problem at all. It was the passenger side power window switch. The contacts in the assembly get dirty and need to be cleaned out. I took the inside door panel off, took out the window switch box, took it apart and cleaned the dirt off the contacts with a napkin. Works perfectly now. Luckily, it wasn’t an expensive fix at all, just slightly time consuming.

mine is very similar… my passenger side will go up and down from the passenger side but only up from driver side… i’d really like to know how to fix it… i took the doors apart to see if any of the connections were bad… but that’s about as far as i got

Originally posted by washout
[B]

Mine did this, '92 GSR. It wasn’t a fuse problem at all. It was the passenger side power window switch. The contacts in the assembly get dirty and need to be cleaned out. I took the inside door panel off, took out the window switch box, took it apart and cleaned the dirt off the contacts with a napkin. Works perfectly now. Luckily, it wasn’t an expensive fix at all, just slightly time consuming. [/B]

that’s probably what i need to do… i’ll save that for one day when i have no plans hehe

i had a problem with my 92gs where the drivers window would go down very slow and then would not go back up. turns out the plastic gear on the motor jus chewed itself apart. found a used one at a parts yard for $50.00 . they even delivered it to my work (45 minute drive 1 way) changed it myself in 30 minutes and never had a problem since. that was 4 years ago. ~Andee…