My red Teg looks pinkish

in the roof top it turned pink,… like the paint is fading or something. Now, I heard that- that can be turned into the normal red by waxing?? or sanding it with a light sanding paper??

I heard it can be done, do you guys know how??

thanks.

I used the red rubbing compound(turtle wax), and then some Carnuba wax on some spots, and I think it turned out pretty well:up:

That chalky looking stuff that makes your car look pink is called oxidation. Two options:

1. Get some rubbing compound and rub like a mofo until the shine is restored, then you’d want to use a good 3 step system of cleaner/sealer/wax on it.
  2. Take it to a detail shop and have them remove the oxidation with a good old rotary buffer (probably just a standard labor charge, if it’s just the top surfaces expect about 1 hr labor), then 3 step it.
    Hope that helps

don’t use rubbing compound, it’ll scratch the hell out of your paint. use a paint cleaner, it is a type of wax. megaiur’s has some.

Originally posted by texnteg
don’t use rubbing compound, it’ll scratch the hell out of your paint. use a paint cleaner, it is a type of wax. megaiur’s has some.

I used rubbing compound on my paint, it didn’t scrach it at all, looks a 100 times better than before. I don’t see a problem. I guess it must just work on my car that way then:D