My sunroof is rusting, HELP!!!

I noticed awhile ago there was this big bump in the black seal that goes around the edge of the sunroof glass. Well I was messing with it today trying to get it to go down and when I pulled the seal back to see what was pushing the seal up and bunch of rust fell out into my face and got in my eyes. :mad: Well there is about a 3 inch section around the sunroof glass edge that is rusted to shit. Should I try and repair this or just ditch the glass and get another one from a J yard or something??

if the rust fell off…that means its rusted through the metal…AKA…not worth fixing! youll never stop it…itll jus keep going. time to buy a new one :slight_smile:

I’m not sure if its rusted all the way through to the bottom or if the rust just started at the bottom. I dont really want to mess with the seal too much, it already sticks up about a 1/2" or so and it hasnt started leaking yet so I probably shouldnt touch it. I’ll just keep it closed until I buy a new one I guess. How much should I expect to pay for the glass used??

I also have a rusting sunroof with the rubber seal starting to pop up. How hard it is to replace just the glass section or do i need to replace the entire assembly?

You just can replace the glass section. I did mine awhile back took me 30-45 mins. Easy to do .