my tokico blews

yep, my tokico blues…blew out. what a waste. anyway, now im lookin for a new setup. im considering the skunk2 coilovers. anybody else wanna suggest something? my car is currently sitting on 15" rims on 50r tires. my hks exhaust hangs kinda low so im really not looking to slam my car. i’ve heard koni+gc is a good combo. but thats about it.

Welcome to the club. :gunright: im just gonna save up for a set of tiens.

yo man…i got tokicos too and i’m in maine and the roads are bad. I hear some clunking up front, cv joints looks solid etc., u think its my struts? I got em on H&R sport springs, i think there blown, going on 2 1/2 years.

I have Tokico Blues, but I have the Tokico springs (1.25" drop.)

I’ve read all over G2IC and on the Tokico specs, that the blues will blow quickly when used with a drop of over 1.5".

Yet I keep seeing posts where people are surprised or dissapointed that they blew when used with springs < 1.5 :shrug:

Yeah it even says on the box not to drop it much more than 1". I’ve got the blues with the matched tokico springs and they work great for me.

the 1" drop matching springs…thats what i have. but still, it managed to crap out on me. and uhh…the struts…the blue casing has little cracks and its chipping away kind of. how bad is that? should i change 'em out right away? cuz i still need to save up for a new suspension setup. im really leaning towards the skunk2 coilovers.

Hey if you are looking for coilovers like tiens team-integra has a group buy on k-sports for 599 for our g2s. I put them on my car in June and dropped the front of my car around 2.5 inches and the back around 1.5, they are great coilovers so far…

the 1" drop matching springs…thats what i have. but still, it managed to crap out on me. and uhh…the struts…the blue casing has little cracks and its chipping away kind of. how bad is that? should i change 'em out right away? cuz i still need to save up for a new suspension setup. im really leaning towards the skunk2 coilovers.

If you still have your receipt I’d contact tokico supposedly they have a warranty on them.

+1 to what zeroroot said. I would try to at least get those replaced. You could sell them on Ebay to get some money to buy better suspension.

As for your question about GC+koni. I love mine. 2.5" dropped in front, and 1.5" dropped in rear. Before settling, after, I don’t know. I would definitely recommend it, unless you want a smooth ride like stock.

If you don’t want to fork out the cash for the koni/gc set up you could always go with Illuminas and Sportlines. Thats what I have and its a good setup.

I have the same exhaust as you and the same size rims (15") and I have no clearence issues.

im on illuminas and h&r sports… i used to be sittin gon the tokico blue suspension package… seriously a huge difference.