Need for a front sway bar?

only if your using a sway bar that mounts to the subframe. an oem 90-93 rear sway bar isnt mounted in a way that it could tear out the rear subframe. however, re-enforcing the mounting drop brackets might be something to look into when upgrading the rear bar.

If I am upgrading the rear sway bar then I am not using OEM. If I am not using OEM it will probably mount differently. Since it will mount differently, it is a possiblity that it could tear out the rear sub frame. Hence the “need” for a rear sub frame

[QUOTE=DAtIntegra35;2113844]If I am upgrading the rear sway bar then I am not using OEM. If I am not using OEM it will probably mount differently. Since it will mount differently, it is a possibility that it could tear out the rear sub frame. Hence the “need” for a rear sub frame[/QUOTE]both the ST and progressive rear bar for the 90-93 integra uses OEM mounting location, even though they are aftermarket bars. therefore, as stated by me already, an ASR sub-frame re-enforcement kit would be a waste of money. if i remember correctly, someone on here added a ASR sub-frame re-enforcement plate to having a ST rear bar already and found that the ASR plate got in the way.

rear sway bars, both OEM and aftermarket, for the 94-01 integra and the 92-00 civic mount to the sub-frame and might require sub-frame re-enforcement if the bar is large enough. both the civic type-r and integra type-r, the rear bar most go with from the OEM (which happen to be bigger then most aftermarket offerings for those chassis), will require some kind of re-enforcement to the sub-frame (which honda actually incorporates into cars with OEM rear sway bars, its a U brace behind the sub-frame along with thicker metal at the mounting locations). its also suggested for any of the aftermarket bars, though they might not be compatible since most aftermarket bars were designed and produced prior to the ASR re-enforcement plate (like the ST rear sway bar for the 96-00 civic chassis).