need help water in trunk

what about the drain tube its self?? maybe it has a crack/rip in it. pull down the rear of your head liner(its not that hard at all) and follow the drain tube up. maybe thats your prob.

Well…I took my rear lower seat out…and after one day of rain, it didn’t get wet!!!

Only leak i found was in the trunk again…This time ima do it right and replace the tail light gaskets…

I think i’ll be ok once i replace them…Thats whut u get for being Filipino and doing it cheap :stuck_out_tongue: (Flip joke)

Welll…Turns out even my sun roof drain tubes got clogged as well…

Some of the techs at my werk told me to cut the rubber exit tubes underneath the car so the water could exit faster…And i did…

Works great now…Now I juss need rain :cool:

Originally posted by FAWKER

well…after a crazy downpour here in Vancity my trunk started to leak AGAIN!!!

Im tired of this sh1t!!!
As u can see in the above pic my trunks leakin water from the exiting rubber piece…i think it could be cracked…also the surrounding metal around the exiting drain tube is RUSTING!!!

I HATE MY CAR SOMETIMES…I bet NOBODY has this problem…
Post up if u do…:mad:

CVG2: I’ve got the same problem with both my tegs. I’ve tried everything and it still leaks. I would look in the trunk and see that the carpet is wet. I lift the plastic piece up and take out the spare tire and the whole thing is wet under it. I understand how you feel.

Originally posted by TegDude
CVG2: I’ve got the same problem with both my tegs. I’ve tried everything and it still leaks. I would look in the trunk and see that the carpet is wet. I lift the plastic piece up and take out the spare tire and the whole thing is wet under it. I understand how you feel.

Shitty deal…im gonna try to fiberglass it or something…did ya do nething to fix urs or did u juss leave it???

I’ve checked the tube under the panels and also played around with the gasket around the tail-lights. It seems to be coming in through the tail-lights. If it gets too annoying for me then I’ll change the gaskets out. I live in Texas so it doesn’t rain much anyways. It also only leaks in when it rains really hard. It’s the tail-light gasket on both my integras. I’ve only heard of these leaks on Honda/Acuras. On all the other cars I’ve owned never has done this.

I’ve fixed the water leak in my trunk on 3 different fronts. . The first problem I found was bad body work in the rear wheel well that let water to get behind the quarter and into the trunk, so thats something that might not have been checked. That still didnt fix it, and I found that the sunroof drain was disconnected on one side, I hooked that back up, gave it a nice wrap of duct tape and that was that. STILL I had leaks, and found it was a (relatively) small amount of water coming through the tail light (condensation on the inside of the plastic was the give-away). I took it out, put silicone all the way around, and ever since my trunk has been water-free.

Originally posted by FAWKER

ok…soooooo…see where the black tube exits the car??? i have rust on the panel and i had already siliconed the clear sunroof drain tube onto the black exit tube…

Should i fiberglass or bondo where the rust is??? its pissin me off…AGAIN…and it’s been almost a year… :frowning:

FAWKER…just out of curiosity, did you cut your side panel so the part in the trunk can be removed by itself? Usually it’s just one long piece from the back of the doors to the back of the trunk :hmm:

edit…or is your car a 4 door?

This place rocks!!! I opened up one of the panels (the side where the trunk leak seems to originate) and sure enough that tube was knocked out of the rubber tube which leads down below the car. COOL!!! Do you guys just put the tube back in or do you use some kind of adhesive so it won’t get knocked out anymore?

Well I thought I had this solved but tonights rainfall flooded my trunk again. So I investigated the black tube which runs to the outside of the car and found out one side was clogged with crud. I tested each by using a turkey baster and put water in them. One side drained fine but the other was totally clogged. So I unclogged it and tested it fine. So we’ll see now if I have any flooding problems. Oh and I removed my antenna since it doesn’t work anymore. Now I have to cover that antenna hole :frowning: