Need help, winter coming..

I noticed last winter that when I left the car overnight and started it in the morning it would puff blue smoke for about 2-3 mins, mybest guess is that its leaking in through the valve seals ?? I’m not to sure. I want to get it fixed before winter comes. Any ideas? how much something like this would cost.
Thanks
JAY

are you sure its not just from it being cold outside and you car is pushing out hot are creating steam? If your doesn’t blow out smoke when you start it now… then what would make it blow it out then. I think its steam.

nope, it’s never done that in previous winters. It’s blue smoke and it smells too.

not sure if i should ask here, but i am new to winters, i lived in texas…winter=a low of 40 degrees!!! anyways, what are somethings that i can do to “winterize” my car. i have already put rust-proofing on and bought a pair of bfg m+s tires , but what about internally…in terms of fluids, etc. the car will be both in a garage and a parking lot. i am in park city where it snows from late sept to april. just wondering.

first thing for winterizing…thinner oil…try at least 30 weight…you won’t be running the car that hard anyway with ice on the road… so thinner oil will help till the car is warm…a flush and fill of all fluids is recommended, and a good deicing fluid for the windshield washer. plus make sure that every week AT LEAST, after driving on salted roads…you roll into a carwash and spray the crap outta the undercarriage… i used to live in ohio and i had to repair A LOT of rusted body and frame parts, plus axles and such cause they rusted to nearly nothing, get the wheel wells too…salt pays a heavy toll on our tegs… so spend the time freezing your ass off and wash it often. as my mums used to say “learning from others mistakes is better than teaching one yours”!!!