Need help with Boston subs.

I have 2 Boston Accoustics subs pro series. I need to know whether they r 1 ohm or 2 ohm. How can i tell?

Just model number?
Check the back of the sub.

Check the magnet…some subs have it printed on there

most likely it’ll be a 4 or 8 ohm sub. Occasionally a 2 ohm sub… but I’ve yet to see a SVC 1-ohm sub, especially from Boston Acoustics. I’ve seen DVC 1 and DVC 2 ohm subs… but never a SVC 1, that’s for sure.
Check the model number. Or, use a multimeter and check across the connections. a 4-ohm sub will read around 3.3 ohms. A 2 ohm sub will read about 1.5 ohms, and a 8 ohm sub will read in the 7 ohm range.

my money’s on 4 ohms each.

What do I win if I’m right???

Good choice by the way. I loved my pro’s when I had them.

Yeah i had to take them out of the box and look at the magnet. They are 2 ohm curls you were right about them not being 1 ohm, but the website says they come in 2 ohm or 4 ohm. thedamaja yeah i love them too, but i only have 150 watts going to each right now so they dont react fast enough and distort on low notes. I needed to know if they were 2 or 4 so i could see if i could get a memphis st1000d amp! Its an 1100 watt mono d class amp im gonna be bumpin hard now:D .

Originally posted by tegsol
Yeah i had to take them out of the box and look at the magnet. They are 2 ohm curls you were right about them not being 1 ohm, but the website says they come in 2 ohm or 4 ohm. thedamaja yeah i love them too, but i only have 150 watts going to each right now so they dont react fast enough and distort on low notes. I needed to know if they were 2 or 4 so i could see if i could get a memphis st1000d amp! Its an 1100 watt mono d class amp im gonna be bumpin hard now:D .

Try the Directed 1100D amp – I have one, and a few friends have one, and they alsolutely SLAM. Very powerful, efficient, amazing amps. Small footprint too (small size), which makes installation easier). Probably one of the best amps for the $$ in terms of performance, reliability, tech support and after-sales service, and in terms of overall value.

~Eric

Don’t get me wrong though… the Memphis IS a nice amp too. :slight_smile:

cool ill look into it. thx:D