Need help with Fedex F**K up.

Hi everyone.

I just recently purchased a Distributor on here and it got shipped.
Well, I get the package yesterday left at the door and there was nothing in it but 2 spark plug wires. I am positive the person who sold me the distributor actually packaged it because the shipping tag says 5.3 lbs. With an empty box with only 2 spark plug wires in hand I freaked the hell out and went to the nearest Fedex location who gave me the number to report my claim.

What makes me the maddest is the package was sealed at the door like it was supposed to be. And only having 2 spark plug wires in place of a complete distributor. Although it looks like someone ran tape over the original shipping tag to make it look closed. The shipping tag is ripped in a couple of places under the tape, almost all the way through. I wonder if some Fedex asshole stole my nice obd1 distributor.

Well, anyways I need help getting everything together.
I have to come up with my original shipping invoice. I am not sure what to use because it was just me buying something from someone else over the internet. Should I use a copy of my paypal receipt? I have that in hand as well of pictures the guy sent me of the distributor before he shipped it.

Anyone out there ever had shit like this happen? Any advice?
Thank you.

The seller would probably have a better chance of being able to clear this up. Have you contacted them? When I ship through UPS they ALWAYS give me a receipt, and they alway ask the value of the item thats being shipped. They ask that because they insure it for whatever approximate $ amount it is and if its more than $100 you have to pay for more insurance. Hopefully you can get in contact with whoever sold you the distrubutor and they still have the receipt. Even if the seller doesn’t have the receipt though, they can look the seller up at the original shipping store it was sent out from, and find out what was shipped, where, weight, and anything else about the transaction. I always dread shipping through USPS because they don’t give you any real assurance your package is actually going to make it. I always feel safer shipping through Fedex/UPS because they do make a guarantee. Good luck! Hopefully they make it right.

Just got a hold of the seller and he still has the original shipping receipt.:angel: He is emailing me a copy to send in the claim.

Now since I am actually out $80 cash on the Fedex mess up, will they replace the distributor (around here they run $200-$300 new) or just give me the money I spent on the thing? The distributor I bought was almost brand new and I would like to have it replaced.

When you submit the claim you’ll probably find out how much exactly you can be repaid. Hopefully in your case they’ll issue you a payment for the actual value, rather than the amount you paid. Good luck

unless you paid extra for shipping insurance, max coverage is $100 without it.

Well, Ill recover my cash, but I really want my distributor back.

I just went through some bullshit with fed ex to. They are going to tell you that the shipper has to make the claim not you because the shipper has the contract with fed ex. It took me almost 2 months to get money for it

act with fed ex. It took me almost 2 months to get money for it[/QUOTE]

wow lmao some fedex dude needed a distributor i guess

GL getting it sorted man.

Hit me up if you need anything else paul!

im here to help you out with this!

Well, I got a letter in the mail from Fedex and their claims denied me. They told me that the sender has to be the one to file the claim. Its really quite amazing how fucked up of a company Fedex is.

you should be able to file the claim… either the sender or recipient should be allowed to

http://www.fedex.com/us/customersupport/express/faq/claims.html

General Questions

Who can file a claim?
The sender, the recipient, or a third-party can file the claim.

fedex

the sender has to file a claim, unless the senders fills out some form that fedex has which will allow the recipient to file the claim. If the person didn’t get insurance then you will be stuck with a 100 dollar maximum payout. I just went through this when fedex dropped a gsr head that I had built. They dropped it so hard that they had to repackage the box. They are probably gonna try to screw you.

I don’t think that 2 spark plugs are gonna weigh 5 pounds, so it sounds like an employee opened your package and stole your part.

I hope you have better luck than I did with them, luckily the place that built my head told me they would repair it for free.

[QUOTE=tilegend;2042281]you should be able to file the claim… either the sender or recipient should be allowed to

http://www.fedex.com/us/customersupport/express/faq/claims.html

General Questions

Who can file a claim?
The sender, the recipient, or a third-party can file the claim.[/QUOTE]

It may say that but it is not true at all, i just went through all of this with fed ex