Need help with leak!!

Hey guys, I woke up this morning to go to work and when i opened my door there was a large amount of water in the driver side front and back carpet. I drove the car 6 hours ago with no leak and for the last 2 years with no leak. I do not have a sunroof, the passenger side and trunk are dry and I can’t find where it could be leaking from at the moment. Anyone experience this? I have searched and only the passenger side come up but I fixed that within the first week of owning the car. Also, about 6 months ago I had the windshield professionally replaced

To re cap,

Driver side carpet soaked
No sunroof
Passenger side dry
Trunk dry
New windshield and cowel seals last year

And unfortunately idon’t have someone to help me look today so any help is appreciated

Is it possible that the driver side window was left open or cracked? Seems like you would definitely notice that, but I have done dumber things. Other than that sounds like a leak I have not heard of. Good luck!

seats, door card and all carpet 2" above the floor is dry.

window was not left open and even if it was there was ALOT of water.

im very confused about this because even if there was some sort of opening it was a ridiculous amount of water

My guess would be the windshield seal. It may be replaced last year, but who knows if it was sealed well.

so weird, I know it is discouraging to have water in your car. and having that much plus not knowing where its coming from must be a terrible feeling. Hope you can get er patched up.

If DAs were boats we would have a lot of sunken integras

its rained the last 2 days and i held a hose over the roof/windshield for over an hour and no leak came in

i did some hwy driving the night before it happened and im thinking it may have been a large puddle i hydroplaned over or something but even them, my firewall had no grommets missing. i have fender liners and i checked the underside of the car and there is no rust/holes or anything missing. at this point im thinking someone had to have opened my car and poured water in but it was all locked up when i came out int he morning. anyways i will be pulling the carpet and cleaning it and just running floor mats and come the next rainy day i will try to duplicate my drive home on the hwy the night it happened

Day 5 of rain and driving on the hwy… Carpet still dry

Anyone have any ideas??

Mine leaks around the seal on the side window. I think the gasket is bad under the molding that holds the rubber seal. It leaks from under the plastic that holds the headliner in at the top of window and drips on my seat. It only does it sometimes though. :frowning:

cmon DA expertssssss

cannot find anything online about this type of thing and have had no luck reproducing the leak :frowning:

still nothing eh??

i have been driving without most of my interior since discovering the leak. hunted with pressure washer, hose, compressed air, brake clean and nottttttttta

i have narrowed down where the water is coming in from inside the car but not the source of the leak.

under the driver seat there is a factory bracket and some factory holes from the floor to the underside of the car and somehow water is getting between the 2 while i drive and then getting in the driver area from the factory holes. these are not holes i can just full with silicon and i would like to find the source.

so far i have checked the fenders, undercarriage, roof and windshield and found nothing

ideas? i am running out of options

If it is coming in from under the drivers seat, I would think that just leaves the underside of the car. If I look under my car, directly under where that bracket is, I do see a location where there may have been a hole, but it was likely part of the manufacturing process and was sealed and sprayed over with the usual protective coating. Do you see that, and is it sealed over still?

Appreciate the reply. I have been under the car a dozen times on a hoist and noticed nothing missing or any strange dents or rust. I had a look under my car the other day and noticed the pinch/lift point at the driver rear was bent a bit and left and opening inside the car (didn’t notice on hoist because that’s where the car was lifted from) anyways I was really excited thinking I had found the leak so I por15’d it, rust proofed it and filled with urethane and then undercoated it… And today water was still pouring in.

Now here is the thing, I noticed a sloshing noise… Sounds like water is trapped in my car and that leads me to beleive it’s at a point higher than the floor or it could drain out thru the holes it got into from the beginning.

My fender is coming off this weekend and I will re coat everything. Next step will be the cowl… This is a common issue on the passenger side thru the vent but if you guys have seen the driver side… Its pretty much impossible to leak inside the car but this has been a nightmare and left me no other option. I’m very surprised with how much water is coming in that this isn’t a known issue

Have you removed the carpet and the rear seat?

What about the drivers side lap belt area? I assume this has automatic shoulder belts. I have no idea if this is possible, but the water could maybe be coming in from where this is locate? Do you have a damp lap belt?

I don’t think water could make it in from the drivers side cowl area, unless it somehow rusted a hole (really unlikely). Heater core is something else to consider, but then I would think that you would likely have water on both sides. - Aside from the obvious signs of coolant loss.

[QUOTE=Prof007;2331507]Have you removed the carpet and the rear seat?

What about the drivers side lap belt area? I assume this has automatic shoulder belts. I have no idea if this is possible, but the water could maybe be coming in from where this is locate? Do you have a damp lap belt?

I don’t think water could make it in from the drivers side cowl area, unless it somehow rusted a hole (really unlikely). Heater core is something else to consider, but then I would think that you would likely have water on both sides. - Aside from the obvious signs of coolant loss.[/QUOTE]

Carpet has been out for about a month, same as the rear seats. I don’t have automatic seat belt. I could simply silicone all those brackets the water is coming in frombbut that doesn’t stop the water from sitting and pooling under the floor and eventually causing rust. The weird thing is that it can rain and I can wash car and no water leaks. only when I Drive in the rain

There is no coolant loss… And when I say there is alot of water I mean there is over a litre of water during a 5-10km drive.

It’s pretty discouraging but I do appreciate the replies of those looking to help. Even the most simple ideas can lead to things not yet thought of