Need Help With Optional Armrest ...HELP PLEASE

so i have the USDM OEM optional armrest and i wanna install it. i dont know if i pull the carpet the holes are gonna be already there like pre made… or am i gonna have to make my own. im pretty sure somebody on here has installed one before so if you could help me ill appreciate it

thanks =]

just pull the carpet and drill the holes if not there. i’ll be doing this tomorrow.

remove all da seats
make a slit about 3-4 inches on both sides of da ebrake.

pull up da carpet, line up da armrest.

drill 4 small holes where the holes line up. (2 on both sides)

then screw in some Self tapping screws (home depot)

pull back down ur carpet, tuk it all back in under panels and shiet.
vacum! and install ur seats.

i would suggest u get a friend to hold down da armrest while ur drilling em in.

alright cool. thanks guys.

anybody else with suggestions?

If your car is a 92-93 it will have the threaded holes already there

damn!.. nope my car is a 91 =/

[QUOTE=Ricextacy;1859988]remove all da seats
make a slit about 3-4 inches on both sides of da ebrake.

pull up da carpet, line up da armrest.

drill 4 small holes where the holes line up. (2 on both sides)

then screw in some Self tapping screws (home depot)

pull back down ur carpet, tuk it all back in under panels and shiet.
vacum! and install ur seats.

i would suggest u get a friend to hold down da armrest while ur drilling em in.[/QUOTE]

Do you type like that naturaly or do you actualy TRY to do that?

all i read was da da da da ur shiet ur da shiet u da

lol. sorry, rough night. Atleast you are being helpfull.

my armrest looks like its in wierd but ive seen some pics of others and they were done the same way.
i see slits in the carpet, but the armrest doesnt go in them at all, the screws i see go into the plastic around the e-brake.

so i have no clue.

weekend project… thanks for the info…:hi5:

[QUOTE=Malformed;1873710]Do you type like that naturaly or do you actualy TRY to do that?

all i read was da da da da ur shiet ur da shiet u da

lol. sorry, rough night. Atleast you are being helpfull.

my armrest looks like its in wierd but ive seen some pics of others and they were done the same way.
i see slits in the carpet, but the armrest doesnt go in them at all, the screws i see go into the plastic around the e-brake.

so i have no clue.[/QUOTE]

niggh i have no idea what ur talking about? and yea i type like this naturally lol, and i dont give a fuk cuz this is g2ic not EWRT.

ill be sending pics on the mounting of the armrest… i sent it to the trimshop to get recushing…

cool cool ill be looking forward to see em. ive yet to put my armrest in yet lol im lazy

so i got my top of the armrest back from the trim shop… its all nice and spoungy…

here it is put together…

its going in this weekend!!!:rockon:

[QUOTE=1990tegg;1875516]so i got my top of the armrest back from the trim shop… its all nice and spoungy…

here it is put together…

its going in this weekend!!!:rockon:[/QUOTE]

looks dope. so did you barely get it or did you have it in but took it out so it could get sent off to the trim shop?

ebay special… $60.00 and the trim shop free… good friend of mine

oh thats cool yeah i have one too its just sitting in my room i havent gotten around to installing it thats why i asked if you already had it installed in your car

[QUOTE=1990tegg;1875516]so i got my top of the armrest back from the trim shop… its all nice and spoungy…

its going in this weekend!!!:rockon:[/QUOTE]

looks nice, but it looks backwards.
pointy part is suposed to go to the front. right?

no my vehicle is a 90 so i have to do so some type of tamplate… for it…

preposition armrest…(similar to step seven) mark the carpetwith water marker where you need to cut…
step one:
remove front seats… total of 8 12mm bolts…
step two:
remove both side sill plates… becareful with not damaging the clips… i believe there are 4 on each side
step three:
remove center console, and emergency brake cover
step four:
remove lower rear seat… “2 hooks” that are on the floor body by the fuel pump…
step five
remove carpet…
step six:
reinstall e-brake cover, and one seat (your pick, which ever you think is better) IMO im doing the passanger seat…
step seven:
slide seat all the way back… position armrest so the seatbelt retractor isnt touching the edge of the armrest… and the back of the e-brake/ashtray cover is flush with the armrest (lower part)
step eight:
mark one side… have a friend hold it for you and slide seat forward and mark other side…
step nine:
jack up car… make sure it is safely jacked!!!
step ten:
drill holes… i would try a smaller bit… check that everything is aligned… the factory bolts are a 10mm short bolt (goldish), since i have a 90 i need to put nuts under by the exhaust… also use RTV sealer or other sealer so it wont cause rust in the future between the bolt and the nut
step eleven…
work your way backwards and reinstall everything…
let me know how it goes…
these steps are like i think i would do it… so its up to you… just to give you an idea…

[QUOTE=Malformed;1875823]looks nice, but it looks backwards.
pointy part is suposed to go to the front. right?[/QUOTE]

i think so but it was free to redo… so i cant complain :think:

well i have a 91 teg… any different instalation process?

Honda_B18: Please put a proper location in your profile per forum rules. Not “USA”.