Need help with PR4 map

So I was taking a look at my stock PR4 ignition map and noticed a big drop in timing. I was wondering why timing is pulled so much. I’ve done some research but came up with nothing. If any one knows why or can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

How are you dataloging this, more details about the setup???

I’m not datalogging it right now, but I’m using the moates hulog for that. It’s just the stock map and I’m going to start the tuning process soon. I’m using turboedit + ecucontrol with ostrich 2.0 and hulog. Thanks

now im not exactly familiar with turboedit, but if you are indeed getting readings from the stock ecu and not a basemap. it could be related to the way its set between economy and full load.
can you be more specfic as to the kind of conditions this happening at. I.E. just getting of the throttle, cruising at light/full throttle or a combination the 2??

How you checked out pgmfi.org… I would suggest you check there for a awnser to your question.

Here’s a picture of the map you can see where the timing drops. Okay I’ll have to get on there and check.

That is the factory tune, but how many people have tuned and checked those stock figures on a 100% stock vehicle…not me. There is a reason it does that, and thats mostly in the cruising area, could be emissions, fuel economy, etc…what the exact reason is, i cannot tell you.

Okay thank you that is what I wanted to know