Need info on kill switch

i want know what does a kill switch do exactly…

does it stop the engine from cranking? like if you turn the key, nothing will happen and you won’t even hear the engine cranking?

OR does it crank with no result?

this problem might be related to my other post

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75925

it wont crank at all by the time it hits the starting position it engages your siren.

is it the alarm kill switch or one put in after. I ahve one that is spliced into my fuelpump power. if mine if off, then if someone tried to steal it, it would start up temporarily for a few secs, and then die. the reason being is it will burn the fuel remaining in the lines, but since there is no pump on, it cant get gas. IT dies.

Originally posted by paymepunk
is it the alarm kill switch or one put in after. I ahve one that is spliced into my fuelpump power. if mine if off, then if someone tried to steal it, it would start up temporarily for a few secs, and then die. the reason being is it will burn the fuel remaining in the lines, but since there is no pump on, it cant get gas. IT dies.

so you checked my other post, and you’re saying that it is possible that my problem is coming from the alarm??

mine did not start at all, so i dont know if i have a fuel cut, i know for sure that i have a kill switch… but it is weird that an alarm can make my car just died like that…

i will call the installer today to check this

i posted on another forum and someone said maybe it is the tach input wire that is shorted, so it shut off the car…

i have to check my alarm/starter with the installer

A Kill switch is a switch, that disconnects a wire (IE. Starter, Fuel Pump, Ignition) when switched.

Hench is the wire is disconnected, there willl be no power to, start, fuel pump, or ignition.

Cutoff switch for power basically, + -, run almost everyintg in our cars.

on standard vipers.

They come with the following:

Starter Killer
Pre-Starter (Ignition) Kill

Your alarm will trigger if the ignition is on.

If you try and start your car, the starter will not power, and your car will not turn over.

yeah now, i really dont know what the problem is.

i called the installer, he said it is almost impossible that it is the alarm. he said he wired everything properly so nothing is suppose to get shorted… i have a compustar alarm/starter by the way

even if the kill switch is shorted or any switch, it shouldn’t shut off my car while driving, so the only possibility is the tach wire that shorted, but he said the possibility is very small

so i have to wait this week for my mechanic to check if it is a my distributor that died

good luck on your issue dude. let us know how it turned out and what it was.