Need One-Piece install guide....

I have searched these forums and got some good tips but not a complete guide, and Teg Tips does not have an one-piece headlight install guide. If there is one on the net, just steer me towards its direction if you would plz.

CT

Do you mean the wiring and such, or the entire process of unbolting the OEM lights and everything?

The wiring I can do with the guide in Teg Tips. I would like some information on how to do the labor, and PROPERLY installing my lights. Any help would be appreciated. I searched the forums and the archives for some help, but came up empty. Thanks again.

CT:D

Its pretty straight forward. Its just like taking out your old lights and putting them back in.

The simpler the better, didnt know if I had to make some modifications while installing or not.

CT

You don’t need a guide for this one. I say you just go right ahead and try it. There’s no good chances of f*cking this one up, and when you’re done you’ll stare at those lights for quite some time knowing that you did it yourself.

Take off your bumper, then take off stock headlights, install new ones, put back bumper. :slight_smile: Need more details just ask.

Went and looked at the Haynes manual today. Looks simple enough, just time consuming. Any suggestions on prepping? Also should I just break down and buy H4h’s or go the H4 route, using a Civic harness? Thanks fer the help.

CT

ok as each day passes i think im gonna blow and give in and buy a set. wheres the best place to buy em? that guy on ebay?

also what annoyances should i expect? i know if you crack a lens you gotta replace the whole thing… no big deal. and you should seal it up good the first time… what else?

Were there any harnesses included??? If so, just use those.

I would modify the H4’s… it’s not that hard.

JUST REMEMBER! Don’t cut ALL the way to the bulb… LOL. I did this on one of them, and it’s TOO skinny now so it moves easily in the housing :frowning:

What you wanna do is go slow. Snip, snip, snip. Get a generic “H4H looking” H4 bulb and test fit. If it doesn’t fit, snip off some more. Go slow.

As for installation? No prepping… it would DEFINATELY help if you had someone to help you, though :slight_smile:

ok as each day passes i think im gonna blow and give in and buy a set. wheres the best place to buy em? that guy on ebay?

I got mine from jdmrecycler on Ebay, the bulbs are clean, and brackets were shipped with them. Took me about 4 days to receive the package. He sent multiple emails to, keeping me updated on the order and provided a tracking number.

fLaPjAk: No harnesses were included. i assume the dometic bulbs plug right in to our present harness or am I gonna have to do some soldering.:wink:

CT

Originally posted by ColdTeg
[B]

I got mine from jdmrecycler on Ebay, the bulbs are clean, and brackets were shipped with them. Took me about 4 days to receive the package. He sent multiple emails to, keeping me updated on the order and provided a tracking number.

fLaPjAk: No harnesses were included. i assume the dometic bulbs plug right in to our present harness or am I gonna have to do some soldering.:wink:

CT [/B]

Nope :frowning:

The harness on USDM Integras are of 9004 Bulb Type. They will not fit the JDM housing because it requires an H4H (a thinner version of the H4 bulb). Some people have modified the housing to fit a 9004 bulb, but I dunno how to do it.

The harnesses that should have been included are like these little black “boxes” with wires coming out of them. Those wires are tapped into your existing headlight wires, and the other end of the “box” is fittable to either H4H headlights or H4 headlights.

If you have any more questions just post 'em :wink:

jdmrecycler doesnt include the harness? hm whats the solution then. and what abou the yellow fogs?

Originally posted by XDEep
jdmrecycler doesnt include the harness? hm whats the solution then. and what abou the yellow fogs?

If no harnesses are included, then you can still use the headlights/fogs.

Headlights: Get ahold of a Civic harness and use that instead OR you can use those spade end connectors, crimp those on and use em (3 in total for each headlight). Then, electrical tape em up. Not the best way, however.

Foglights: Same as the headlights, except only 2 spade connectors this time.

I used the 2 space connectors for the passenger fog light because that particular harness wasn’t included.

Any more questions, just post away :smiley:

so the one pieces use the same mounting points as the USDM market lights correct?

I’m thinking of ways to spend my income tax return heh

Originally posted by SerialOne
[B]so the one pieces use the same mounting points as the USDM market lights correct?

I’m thinking of ways to spend my income tax return heh [/B]

Correct. They just bolt right on, since its stock (JDM stock).

When you’re buying them, make sure that the bottom brackets are included as well, along with all harnesses and the bulbs, to make life easier.

Alright I looked again, I got the harnesses, my mistake. The wires coming out of em are pretty short tho. I maight be able to swing gettin em hooked up tho. I assume this is the easiest way to do it, wiring directly into the exisisting wires on the car? Appreciate the help.

CT

Originally posted by ColdTeg
[B]Alright I looked again, I got the harnesses, my mistake. The wires coming out of em are pretty short tho. I maight be able to swing gettin em hooked up tho. I assume this is the easiest way to do it, wiring directly into the exisisting wires on the car? Appreciate the help.

CT [/B]

That’s one way. Chopping your existing wiring and then attaching the new wiring. Some people splice into the wiring so they can keep their 9004 harness there as well. I didn’t.

That’s one way. Chopping your existing wiring and then attaching the new wiring. Some people splice into the wiring so they can keep their 9004 harness there as well. I didn’t.

Just a question about this, how could you just splice and keep the existing wire harness? Just take out the bulbs and have the USDM harness floating below the JDM lights?

/\