New member: Snails!

hey guys, been a lurker on the g2ic forum for some time and felt i would finally introduce myself and my da and a previous build

I am from vancouver. part of the local Revscene forum also.

amyways. a few months ago i picked up a 93 captivia LS ater my boosted Ed hatch was stolen and ive been working on it since.

started out life with me as a bone stock ls with 440km on it so understandably the body wasnt/isnt perfect

i had no plans for this car. after the amount of time and money sunk into my hatch and having it stolen i really wasnt interested in a project… until my gf and sister started conspiring to get me car parts and that got the ball rolling

and within a week or so all the POS ebay parts started arriving

like with any aftermarket light housing i suggesting re sealing them before install. it just makes life alot easier.

and wth this build i trying to kinda replicate what idid to my hatch so i ordered alot of the same/similar parts

1st up, spoon style mirrors… because stock ones are huge. i made large foam gaskets out of foam sheets you can get at any craft store. hels seal them up nice so air dosnt get behind them and cause a draft in the car (previous experience)

next was to lower it. i picked these bwr’s up brand new in box and i was told they were ef/da… well they were dc/eg. you can change the front fork to make them it… but the heights are just so different that its very inpractical to run them like this. the backs at its highest level and the fronts completely slammed and itjust sat level.

so it wasnt long before i sold them and got the yonakas. i did alot of research before i made this purchase and ill admit i did cheap out a little bit but my over all reveiw is that for the money they are great quality and ride. they claim to have a 10k spring rate up front and 6k in rear or something. to help balance the car i also preloaded the rear a bit more and that seems to have made it even

the main downside of the yonakas is they don really go “slammed” u mess with the preload… im not a huge fan of that personally so i didnt bother

and obviously i couldnt just let it sit on steelies so i wanted some sort of ridiculous wheel size. i chose a 16x8+0 rota grid v. 15’s are way too small on the DA chassis imo, they look like smarties on these cars… not wheel. and i was very happy with them but i didnt realize how difficult pulling the rear fenders were so i ended up with 4.5 degree camber and that wasnt working for me… so shortly after i ended up selling the wheel setup

a local member heard what happened to my hatch and basically donated me the jdm one piece headlights that are in mint condition… so it wasnt long before those got thrown on. i modified a 9005 hid to fit instead of the halogen h4h.
the bulb needed like 1mm of plastic trimmed and it fit right in.

i also wired up the fog lights to run separate from the running lights so now they turn on when the button is pressed. not just when the running lights are on. there are quite a few write ups on google bout it

and i got a hood bra

and i took it off shortly after putting it on, went to the wreckers and gabbed a bunch of honda badges because my acura ones were toast

i forget what ones i ended up using, but i think one was off an accord and another was a crv iirc

shortly after i picked of some stainless 2.5" catback from ebay and i was amazed with how good it sounded. im not talking your typical ricey loud bees in a can noise. its deep and pretty quite. i bought it with the intentions of cuttong out the muffler and welding in a magnaflow or somethiing but once it was on i liked it enough to keep it. i dont have a picture of it, but i cut off the 4.5" tip and its running a 3" stainless with a 45degree cut on it now. its a little small so eventually i will run a second 3" kinda blastpipe style to fill in the holl in the bumper

and then i started working on the interior

i got tired of the cluster pretty quick… so i did this

it was recently my birthday so my g got me the nrg 2.5 carbon quick release to match

i decided to make a new trunk insert and line it with a mat i found

i pciked up some sound deadening and some thick foam tape

and here is the semi finished product

you cant really tell but i trimmed about1.5" off of this window visor. it dipped down way to much and to me looked terrible. with it beign trimmed i find it more aggressive and also a it more subtle of that makes sense

i also picked up some gsr front and back seats… so understandably the door cards and arm rest didnt match so i set to work with that… what a headache but will be so worth it when i finish

so i wrapped the arm rest with a sweater i had

same with my rear speaker covers… ps look at that hairy leg!

and then found the closest fabric that i could to match the seats… turns out its kinda a light grey denim… thats not flexible and made this part very difficult

i used 3m adhesive spray and ALOT of time. the rear fabric inserts remover from the panel… the fronts do not. so after the fabric is placed (i suggest something flexible) you need to rim the edge to fit in the crease

i ended up getting some craft glue and some black elastic cord. once my fabric was tucked in the crease i set some glue in there and frced the cord in the crease and imo it looks great

as goes for the rears… remember when i said the denim was hard to work with. it was nearly impossible to lay it without having alot of creases so i decided to get the fabric wet and stretch it into place, i used marbles to kinda weigh down the deeper areas over night and they are trying as we speak. from the looks of it, it seems to be working, so once it dries i will be able to glue it in.

anyways that brings us up to date. i am currently looking form some 16x8 whsitler kr1’s i plan to wrap them with a something like a 215/45. i personally like the meaty look far more than the stance look

anyways here is a few pics of my old hatch RIP </3

lol and yes that was a flapper on the up pipe, i had a spare hood so i decided to do this for fun

this hello has kinda turned into a build thread… but hey, who dosnt like pics!

It’s coming out nice man. Sorry about ur hatch what happened?

it was stolen, from my driveway. they broke into my gf’s crx, rolled it to the street then must have rolled my hatch down the road, it had kill switches, a club on the wheel, alarm… they couldnt have started it ithout it waking up the neighborhood as the 3" up pipe was pretty loud… that was like 6 months ago and no sign of the car since

:frowning: worst of all, it was uninsured in my driveway… so i saw nothing for it

You’re killing me snails with how clean this thing is!

[QUOTE=Snails;2324642]it was stolen, from my driveway. they broke into my gf’s crx, rolled it to the street then must have rolled my hatch down the road, it had kill switches, a club on the wheel, alarm… they couldnt have started it ithout it waking up the neighborhood as the 3" up pipe was pretty loud… that was like 6 months ago and no sign of the car since

:frowning: worst of all, it was uninsured in my driveway… so i saw nothing for it[/QUOTE]

Damn man im sorry to hear that. fucking assholes man :confused: hopefully the teg will be even better. :manual:

thanks guys. the hatch was a little hardcore for a daily.

so this thing im focusing alot more on making it a great daily. im in the middle of sound deadening the interior right now. thats how i got started with wrapping all the panels.

im really interested in seeing how people fit 16x8+20’s or something close or also 16x8 with a meaty tire on the DA… i havnt found too any and im just looking for some inspiration

also, i might be interested in finding some front ef/da drop forks and seeing what people do for a rear diffuser… more out of curiosity

in the future i do plan to boost this. probably just boost the LS, i sont see a point in bothering with vtec… but who knows … things dont stay stock with me very long

That trunk insert tho… LOL AWESOME!

hahaha dopest ive seen yet.

Welcome aboard!

welcome. nice progress.

thanks guys! im trying to figure out wheels and tires now :frowning: Whistler is all backordered everywhere i look…

if anyone could help me find the machined finish in 16x8+20 obv 4x100 i would appreciate it alot

I assume the trunk board is made of some material that is rather pliable?

Anything with any stiffness can’t fit at full size (size of rear trunk space carpet). Ask me how I know.

[QUOTE=idriveahonda;2324683]I assume the trunk board is made of some material that is rather pliable?

Anything with any stiffness can’t fit at full size (size of rear trunk space carpet). Ask me how I know.[/QUOTE]

its aluminum/fiberglass board same stuff they make large signs out of, i can actually stand on it with no issue without a spare tire under it, i thought ahead as i often have heavy stuff in the trunk

but yes, notice all the trimming on the ground… i have the whole interior out so i made it fit like that and unfortunately wouldnt fit. luckily it is a bit flexable

That eBay lip fits pretty good. Car is coming along nicely.

When you took off the wing, how did you plug the holes?

Damn, looking good so far. I’m kind of going back and forth in my head whether I should go with 15s or 16s. Those Rotas looked surprisingly good.

Nice start so far man. I had 16x8 +17 K1’s on my last car, they fit fine, but I guess it was still at a modest height too

when it comes to ebay stuff or pretty much anything aftermarket i find you have to be prepared to modify it to work

with the lights i always re seal them and make a mock gasket out of playdoh then see how it will fit and modify the gaskets with form sheets/tape so they seal nice (playdoh shows the high and low spots well)

with the lip i busted out the heat gun and like 40 spring clamps. once it was was all formed to fit i have a bucket of ice water and a cloth and i set it in place by cooling it down.

with the exhaust it was too close to the shifter so i threw it in a vice and ovalized that section

its one of those cases where you get what you pay for. but i dont mind putting in the work

to answer the question about the wing, i found 8mm bolts and but nice bolts in the holes (same as you would have on a momo wheel)

and i really do think 16’s are the way to go. ive seen many really nice DA’s on this forum and most of the time the only thing i would change is wheel size.

but thats personal prefference. i hate anything bigger than a 15" on most hondas, but i think the integra really deserves a 16 unless its some track monster thats running 225/50’s in which case a 16 wouldnt allow that kind of room

[QUOTE=mrpenny;2324717]Nice start so far man. I had 16x8 +17 K1’s on my last car, they fit fine, but I guess it was still at a modest height too
[/QUOTE]

do you have more pics? one think im mainly interested is having a meaty look from behind. it was my favorite thing about my hatch.

The bad thing about 16" wheels though is the lack of good tire choices. Go to a 15" or 17" and your options double.