No Vtec ?!?!?!?!

ok, heres the problem.
everytime i took it into vtec, the check engine light would come on, the it would run really funny. then i took it into vtec and it broke down, and wouldnt start again. i replaced the ignition module and it runs fine now…except VTEC wont work. any clue what the deal is. it a B16A1. thanx:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Anybody???

maybe your vtec wires came lose? changing the ignition module shouldn’t have caused your vtec to stop working.
check the ecu for any error codes.

this might sound stupid but check your oil, vtec is ran off oil pressure. just a thought.

u check the vtec solinoid?

Originally posted by Novtec1
this might sound stupid but check your oil, vtec is ran off oil pressure. just a thought.

i think your right. when i changed the ignition module, i had to take off that vtec housing thing whre the VTEC solinoid sits and oil came out of it.
do u know if i would have to put oil into it myself, or will it work its way in there?

i drove it down the road a few times, u think it would have filled by then?
Thanks alot man.

Originally posted by Stevie D
u check the vtec solinoid?

No, how do i do that?

once the car is running and the oil is running through the system it should refill just check it out also check your oil level that might be it too.

Originally posted by Novtec1
once the car is running and the oil is running through the system it should refill just check it out also check your oil level that might be it too.

K thanx