o.k, now i'm scared

i was going out last night and noticed my trunk open.I seen nothing ws missing so i went to close it and it won’t close.It looks closed but it won’t lock down.I played with the lock and it won’t click.I had to leave my car unprotected over night(couldn’t put alarm on) and it is still not locked down.Anyone else have this problem, is there anything i can do, i can’t go anywhere because i am worried someone will easily break into my car.Help i don’t know what to do.Do i need a new lock, help

try wrapping some electrical tape arod the trunk lid part that clicks into the lock, see if this helps. I know it works if your hatch is vibrating. Good luck.

Jeff

see if the striker or latch is loose. you can also adjust the height of the trunk by turning those black rubber spacers. try some wd40 too

talk to Startroops. He was having the same problem the other day

nothing is loose, it just won’t close.The latch won’t click when you push it down.I was trying to push it down and make it click then i could just hit the trunk release and watch it click back but it won’t even click.Any other suggestion, what can i do.I really don’t want to leave my car unprotected again tonight

Look into the latch. You may see a metal piece that’s in the way of the hook catching in the latch (dunno what you call it). You can push it to the passenger side.

Had this happen once on an Accord.

You’re lucky though, I’ve found my trunk open 3 times now, loosing 3 complete systems. That’s why I don’t mess with car audio anymore.

Originally posted by SE-37K
[B]Look into the latch. You may see a metal piece that’s in the way of the hook catching in the latch (dunno what you call it). You can push it to the passenger side.

Had this happen once on an Accord.

You’re lucky though, I’ve found my trunk open 3 times now, loosing 3 complete systems. That’s why I don’t mess with car audio anymore. [/B]

and you know what, i have a really nice stereo system in my car and would die if it got stolen because of this trouble.I am at work right now and will check it out again when i get off.I think i tried almost everything yesterday.Might i need a new latch or can this be fixed.Sorry to bother but don’t wat to have anything stolen.thanks in advance

Getting your stuff jacked is the worse feeling in the world knowing how hard it was for you to earn what you have.

Good luck, hope it works out.