odd electronic problem...

hey everyone, its been awhile since i have posted!

my radio and heater both started acting up tongiht. the cd player has been turning on/off and along with that, so has the climate control fan. I assume these two things are related but wtf!
I just recently installed a new ignition switch, but that went really well so i cant see that being the culprit!
i apprecaite any insight u may have

thanks

i have had fuses go half burned out on me…

when i had a g1 teg my flip up headlights actualy went nuts on me and were opening and closing asyncrinously… and all my fuses check fine… what i figure was the vibrations in the road were just enough to rattle the half burnt fuse… all i did was replace it even know it tested out fine.

so you replacing you ignition makes me think that somthing wasnt grounded during hookup or somthing…

even if it was… ive seen some funky stuuf happen and it was the simplest thing… replace those fuses… wouldnt hurt.

hey:

thanks for the reply, i appreciate it.
my car is going in the shop today, at school, so i am gona give it the goin over.
ill make sure to check the fuses and go over the ignition installation again.
once again thanks

hey
i checked it out today, and i couldnt find anythign wrong
i had troubles finding the groud for the two or more devices(fan and radio were the ones i noticed) but does anyone know where the ground is? i had a crappy manual to use and it said about a ground whihc is mutual for a whole bunch of accesores and it is located just on the side of the rad. on the passenger side. is there another ground where i havnt looked? thanks

im not exacyly sure on what your asking but ground can be connectes to any part of the body/frame just make real sure that you cantacted to the metal of the car and not the paint or undercoat.

hope this helps…:slight_smile:

I’m having the same problem. Did you ever find a solution?

same thing with my ride but worse. When I turn on my heater or fan the lights on the right side of the car dim.