Official Autox Setup/Advice/Rule Clarification Thread

I dont know if this thread will stick, or if we even have a good supply of autocrossers but I figured it might be a good thread if so.

Ive been racing autox for a few years now at the Snake River Region in Idaho. This is the same region as Shenrie races. (some may remember him as a veteran G2IC member awhile back)

Anyway, I drive a 90 DA and race in STC class (XD is the bump group for our region which includes STF, STC,STS,STX,STR, and STU)

Here is my current setup.

Current Updated Mod list:
Stock b18a
Skunk2 Megapower exhaust
Megan 4-2-1 Header
Magnaflow cat
DC Integra SRI arm
Blox filter/velocity stack combo
Odyssey PC680MJ Battery
Speedfactory battery mount
Mishimoto Radiator
A/C Slim fan
NGK Plugs, NGK o2 sensor, New Alternator, New trans & brake fluid, OEM Honda cap & rotor.

Suspension/stance:
Tokico Illumina shocks
Skunk2 Sleeves (10k/8K)
ASR 24mm Sway bar w/Subrace and adjustable endlinks
Front sway bar removed
Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Stoptech drilled/slotted rotors w/pads (F)
Brembo drilled/slotted rotors (R)
Neuspeed Front Upper Strut Bar
New Rear Trailing arm bushings
Fenders rolled and “finished”

Interior/exterior
VIS Carbon Trunk (uninstalled)
Seibon Carbon Hood (uninstalled)
JDM 1-piece headlights
Password JDM H4H conversion harness
Password JDM shift boot
Aftermarket LeBra
Alpine Head Unit w/Pioneer speakers
Tinted windows and trunk glass

Wheels:
Daily: 16x8 +20 XXR 521’s with 205/45/16 Falken Ziex 512’s
Track Front: 15x7 +40 MB Competition wheels with 205/50/15 BFG Rival tires
Track Rear: 15x7.5 +32 Konig Lightspeed wheels with 225/45/15 BFG Rival Tires
McGard Lugnuts

Im currently holding first in my class this year and if I win the next 3 events I will have secured that spot for the rest of the season. The car is setup totally perfect now. The rotation is amazing and the new BFG Rivals are super grippy.

Anyone want to share their setup or class or advice or whatever?? Discuss away! I also have some thoughts on other weight reduction mods that should be allowed for the ST class ill mention later as well.

Haven’t done anything in a while, but will be in the next coming months. My setup is as follows

B16A (Royal Purple with Honda oem filter)
YS1 Transmission with all Type R interals with LSD (Motul Motylgear fluid)
Tokico Illuminas
Hyperco springs 400lbs Front, 350lbs Rear
Front and Rear ST sway bars
Honda OEM rear trailing arm bushings
ES master kit bushings
ES motor mount insert in the rear mount only
Tanabe Hyper Medallion Exhaust with all stock header and cat
I’ve ran 15x7 +41 offset Enkeis RP02 Falken Azenis RT615 and Bridgestones RE-01R, but will be running something different in the coming months
Stock Alignment specs with -2.4 camber front -1.7 rear (will be different soon)

Nice setup for autox! You should look into removing that front sway bar actually. Alot of national level guys started pulling them off years ago. It promotes overseer and grip out of turns. Plus reducesI a littlea weight. Try removing an endlink to see how to like it!

What class do you run in? Is it a street modified class with the engine swap?

Ill try posting some videos later of me racing. Im going to set up the course tonight for tomorrows race. Haha

I’ve always been in the street modified class which I can never compete with. I know people say they like it without the front sway bar, but to me it feels more balanced with the sway bar up front, but I also do Porsche autox events where they are setup like circuit. I have some videos, but they’re stupid looking. I need to get a better cam mount setup. Oh yeah, forgot to post my brake setup, I’m running Endless CCX pads up front with Project Mu rotors, Centric e-coated rotor in rear with stoptech quiet pads with SS brake lines using Superblue ATE fluid.

In this video, I blew my clutch and the transmission wasn’t going into gears right. You can see how circuit like it is though at these Porsche events.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owBXCcXwuHE&feature=c4-overview&list=UUtei8njOBjuObVfErWsZdKQ

You run the wider tires on the rear?

No, why would you ever do that on FWD anyway?

That’s why i was asking! The original post lists 205 width front rivals and 225 width rear rivals.

^^Doh! Your right, I typed it backwards. Must be my subconscience continuing to tell me to buy an S2000. Haha

225f/205r BFG Rivals

Glad to see some serious autocross setups still being campaigned. I started autocrossing with a '90, but when I got serious about it I went to the dark side and bought a Miata…:flame:

Edit: You’re flyin’ in that thing, boostpryo. Nice driving. Next time bring the Integra to packwood…

I converted to an S2000 myself :slight_smile:

I only did a few runs last year I’m in the STC class. And a few road racing open track events. Here is my setup

1993 integra LS-sp

Brakes:
Hawk rotors Up front/ Centric rotors in the rear
Hawk HPS pads
ATE yellow fluid

Suspension:
P.I.C apex coilovers 10kf 8kr
Skunk2 front camber kit set to -1.5 degrees
Function 7 lower control arms in the rear
ASR subframe brace with 24mm asr sway bar and endlinks

Wheels and tires:
Enkei J speed 2 15x7 +38mm
Dunlop ZII 205/50/15

Engine:
b16a2 block/ B18c1 head
GSR ys1 transmission
Drive shaft shop level 0 axles
innovative mounts
Port & polished head
skunk2 intake manifold
skunk2 alpha 66mm TB
aem intake pipe with velocity stack
PLM Toda replica header
REV flatface valves
ITR valve springs & retainers
00-01 ITR cams
Aerospeed Cam gears
Skunk2 mega powa exhaust with Vibrant ultra quiet resonator replacing my cat.
Gates racing timing belt
B&M shifter
P28 running on chrome pro
needs to be tuned badly lol. I’m gonna attempt it when to do it when I get hondata s300 and swap in my project b16 block.

Bump! Its been awhile since I posted in this thread. Since the last time I posted I decided to get out of STC and bump to SMF. I’m just sick of how restrictive the ST classes are. I will always be underclasses in SMF, but it will be a blast to drive and mod further.

Another reason I’m switching to SMF is the pax number vs mods. Because SM classes allow r-comps our region decided to vote in a very extensive equation which allows a street tire multiplier (for tires above 200tw). That multiplier is an additional .980 on top of the original multiplier. In the case of SMF which is .851, the TSMF multiplier is now .834. So by moving to SMF and opening up all of those mods, I’m going from a .824 to a .834. Boom.

My goals are starting slow and focusing on next year. I’ll be picking up some 15x8’s which will add a 1" in width and drop about 3lbs on each corner. Then I will focus on weight reduction. Does anyone have any SMF suggestions for weight reduction??

I will first be removing my rear seats and belts. And seeing what else I can pull out. Its still my DD so I want to keep ac/PS and most or all of my radio. With the update/backdate rules I’m hoping to clarify what other integra were offered with that I can delete. Particularly the rear wiper and 3rd brake light. Were any integra offered without these?

Keep this thread up!!