oil leak

i have oil leaking onto all four spark plugs, i changed the spark plug valve seals. made no difference. the oil seems to be coming from where the head meets the block, so i thought i had a head gasket blown to pieces. but the car still feels like its running about the same strength. so any idea why oil is leaking in there through the head gasket? and will any major problems other then bad smelling exhaust fumes and adding new oil every once in a while occur if i continue to drive with this problem. also, when oil gets on a spark plug, does it ruin the spark plug? thanks for any responses.

Considering you already changed the spark plug grommets, I would suggest that you do a compression test if you think it might be the head gasket.
Did you torque the valve cover acorn nuts down to spec??

Later,
BR

getting the compresssion test soon, and yea, everything i 've messed around with so far are to spec. i just hope a new head gasket will to the trick… ahhh! more money to spend! haha. thanks though.

Re: oil leak

Originally posted by NAintegraGSR
i have oil leaking onto all four spark plugs, i changed the spark plug valve seals. made no difference. the oil seems to be coming from where the head meets the block, so i thought i had a head gasket blown to pieces. but the car still feels like its running about the same strength. so any idea why oil is leaking in there through the head gasket? and will any major problems other then bad smelling exhaust fumes and adding new oil every once in a while occur if i continue to drive with this problem. also, when oil gets on a spark plug, does it ruin the spark plug? thanks for any responses.

If the compression test turns out to be okay, then you should check your valve guides. And yes, oil in the combustion chamber shortens the life of your plugs. As long as you keep adding oil to compensate the loss, I think you’ll be fine for a bit. You do have to fix the problem no matter what.

Hope this helps,

Oz