oil light problem....Dimming light

This is a common symptom of a common problem.

Behind the fuse panel is a little grey box called the “Integrated Control Unit” (SEARCH)

This little box includes the circuits for:
1)brake blub check
2)Seat belt reminder chime
3)key in reminder chime
4)Side marker flash
5)rear defogger timer
6)intermittent wiper relay
7)Lights on reminder chime
8)oil pressure waring flasher

The capacitors in the box go bad and result in symptoms that include:
DIM oil light even with good pressure
Corner lights on all the time or not lighting
rear defroster doesn’t work
intermittent wipers run all the time instead of intermittent

Chances are, you may have more than one of these symptoms currently.

Here are some threads about it:

http://forums.g2ic.com/showthread.php?127170-How-to-fix-the-ICU-for-less-than-5&highlight=integrated+control+unit

http://forums.g2ic.com/showthread.php?56089-ICU-(integrated-control-unit)-Replacement-PIX

yea i know about this but i have been looking for one for a couple of months now and i can’t seem to find one because there are three different kinds…(correct me if i am wrong)

[QUOTE=1ntegra;2170818]This is a common symptom of a common problem.

Behind the fuse panel is a little grey box called the “Integrated Control Unit” (SEARCH)

This little box includes the circuits for:
1)brake blub check
2)Seat belt reminder chime
3)key in reminder chime
4)Side marker flash
5)rear defogger timer
6)intermittent wiper relay
7)Lights on reminder chime
8)oil pressure waring flasher

The capacitors in the box go bad and result in symptoms that include:
DIM oil light even with good pressure
Corner lights on all the time or not lighting
rear defroster doesn’t work
intermittent wipers run all the time instead of intermittent

Chances are, you may have more than one of these symptoms currently.

Here are some threads about it:

http://forums.g2ic.com/showthread.php?127170-How-to-fix-the-ICU-for-less-than-5&highlight=integrated+control+unit

http://forums.g2ic.com/showthread.php?56089-ICU-(integrated-control-unit)-Replacement-PIX[/QUOTE]

i did not see this one. thanks man i need it for my wipers to work. :bowthank::bowthank:

Sounds lk electrical problem to me. When the turn signal is on, the light voltage fluctuates. have you checked your battery and alternator voltages? Or a loose connection somewhere? Turn signal has nothing to do with oil pressure so thats what flags me for electrical. If you hooked up an oil pressure gauge and got correct readings (whatever they should be) and replaced the oil pressure switch then you shouldnt have to worry about that. You can also run a temporary gauge inside to test pressure while under driving under a load.

I’m not aware of there being three different kinds of ICUs.

Are you sure you are not confusing it with the ECM (Engine Control Module). That’s the one that is different based on engine & transmission.

As far as the oil pressure is concerned. our cars have an Oil Pressure SWITCH. It is either ON (bright), or OFF, there is no way for an ON/OFF awitch, to make a light glow dim. Oil pressure is NOT the issue here.

[QUOTE=1ntegra;2170898]I’m not aware of there being three different kinds of ICUs.

Are you sure you are not confusing it with the ECM (Engine Control Module). That’s the one that is different based on engine & transmission.

As far as the oil pressure is concerned. our cars have an Oil Pressure SWITCH. It is either ON (bright), or OFF, there is no way for an ON/OFF awitch, to make a light glow dim. Oil pressure is NOT the issue here.[/QUOTE]

ok i am still in the process of finding more integra’s that still has the ICU because every integra i find has its ICU striped away so i will post some more updates

I have like 5 icu left if you need one let me know if you need a pic of one to see what they look like let me know greazemunkey73@yahoo.com

I reread your post an there is only one icu for the U.S. spec integras that I know of

ok in that case i will just pick up the one i saw at the junk yard and give you guys an update on what will happen next

sorry to bump this super old thread, but i figured my input here might be helpful. I have a 92 GS-R and it has the same problem…here is the thing. This is a project car and I removed the entire engine and transmission and did a swap to a boosted B20V. I retained the original cluster, harness and ecu. I noticed that when I was testing my battery and gauges, (motor not even in the car) when i turned the key on, the oil light was still dimming. Pretty obvious that the problem is in the cluster, harness, or ecu and is not an indication that something is really wrong with your oil pressure. Changing out sensors, pumps, or filters will not fix this problem. My guess is the wiring probably at the connector either at the ecu or at the connector at the cluster.

Hope this helps.