Paper filter option for aftermarket intakes

After a ton of filter trials and dimension checking, I finally found a paper filter that would fit on an aftermarket intake arm (3inch diameter). This one is off a 1991 Prelude.

I switched to this Wix filter after reading some analysis about aftermarket oiled or washable filters not doing a very good job at filtering. (Perhaps quality has dropped in recent years?)

As you can see I used the ring from the aftermarket filter cone, and attached the paper filter to it. It doesn’t look pretty, but it fits fine and I’m not worried about improper filtration anymore.

This could be an option for people who need a filter while waiting for their high quality ones to dry etc. Or if you plan on being in an especially dusty climate (sand, pollen).

I think it could use a better transition piece though. Gonna try finding that next.

Interesting. Do you have a link to what you were reading about the oiled/washable filters?

Sorry for the late reply.

I don’t have all the links I was looking at, but I did remember this one:
https://bobistheoilguy.com/air-filter-filtration-test/

Pretty much it’s saying the obvious – if it flows better, it would allow more particles to get in. Paper OEM style will filter the best, but is the cleaner air worth the reduction in performance? That’s up to you.