pasanger leak and no cup holder fix

first when it comes to the passenger side heater box leak. I have tried fixing it 3 times now. the only way to fix the problem is using the oem parts. period end of story!! Silicone around every thing did not work. Taking part of a freezer bag around the plastic grommets/plastic fasteners did now work. and last i took both plastic parts/ cowls off and put a thin piece of aluminum to catch all the leaking water from the grommets and cowl fasteners. it was installed inbetween the fresh air intake and fastener holes. the first two did not work, just slow i down. the aluminum works but not full prof. when it rains and the blower motor is on you get water in the heater box. i broke down and went to acuraoemparts.com and order 91608-SJ6-003. they are the little boots that go around the 8 plastic grommets under the heater cowl cover. well worth the $26 or so, no more head aches.
NOTE: there is a 1/2 inch of water is on top off the fasteners that hold on the heater box cover when it rains.

ok now on to the lack of cup holders. it drove me crazy when i got the car. i have no GF to hold it. i typed in boat cup holder to ebay. And i found a fold-able cup holder. i was like “yeah man” that is a nice thing. With a little time and a little red-neck engineering. i had two cup holders in my da9!! check it out.

Agree totally with OE parts to fix the leak. Worked like a charm. Now on to the cup holders. Good idea. Here’s mine…

very very nice. like the back glow color too. cool steering wheel too. got to like other da lovers!

teg cruzr just wondering what you used for that cupholder, it looks close to OEM, but did you have to drill into the console?