people with b&m shifters

i have a question what kind of knob are you guys using on your shifter? i am asking this question because i cant get a aftermarket threaded one to fit on my shifter. the aftermarket ichebahn < (dont know how to spell it) i want to buy is threaded for honda shifters but my b&m is supposed to be threaded like stock, that what it said in the magazine. I dont want to use one of those crappy universal knobs, because they always loosen up and it gets annyoing.

forgot to add that aftermarket knobs wont fit on my b&m even if the b&m is supposed to be honda thread type.

well call me crazy…but if the shifter is threaded like stock…then a “honda- threaded” knob will screw right on…our cars ARE hondas after all. and just a suggestion…but why not just get and ebay “RSX” style knob, theyre screw on and i think its one of the best looking knobs there is besides the skunk 2…depends on if u wanna spend $15 or $35 for pretty much the same part…good luck

or the actual itr or rsx type s knobs are nice and they go for like 30-50 bucks on ebay …i have a skunk2 knob though and i love it …

I have the B&M ITR replica knob on mine.

i have an APC knob :frowning:

dont tell ne one ok guys…

but i had the same problem you did so i had my custom guy put it on there cause he claimed it would “never in 10000000000000 years come off”

and that bitch wont budge. i think he used some loctite, and he also bent the alen wrench when he put it in…lol

http://www.joelapiana.us/images/images/01_23_05%20055_jpg.jpg

theres the pic, i needed one that wasn’t round it had to be cylindrical (spelling?) because when the screen closes i have little to no clearance

good luck

joe

He probably drove it in there pretty deep.

There’s an easy fix to the loose shift knob thing. Just wrap your shaft with a strip of duct tape where the screws go in and put the placement screws into the duct tape. I did it on mine 8 months ago and it still hasn’t come loose.

i have a itr style knob buts its come loose so many times that i dont even mess with it anymore. i think i am going to get my shifter rethreaded.

My Trust knob fits perfect and is threaded all the way to to the top of the knob. Short as hell.

I have a greddy knob

http://www.greddy.com
online store>>Accesories>>shift knob>>honda

screws right in…stays on fine…

HOndaH22- whered u get the Trust knob?..i was lookin for somethin a little lower

so what would happen if you ever needed to get it off? :stuck_out_tongue:

I had a JDM ITR shiftknob on a B&M SS (I have a skunk2 SS now and no problems either) and it was on there good…nothing special required, i just wrapped an elastic band around it and turned it with my hands until i couldn’t turn it anymore. It never came off when i never wanted it to.

I’ve got an STR one on my B&M.

so far my favorite is the dc2 gsr knob im using :rockon:

I like the '02 Civic coupe EX know, but I am knobless right now. I am going spoon sports in Duracon Black here real soon.

I have the skunk2 also. No problems.

damn i cant believe this thread is till active. Anyways my stock tegy knob pushes my boot down further and makes my shifter look weird. I think i am going to cut my knob in half the shift knob that is (still sounds painful).

greddy-trust shift knob… :smiley:

not screwed, not allen keyed, it was made for another car with a bigger shifter. so it’s tape and more tape, and it kinda threaded on… stays on though… :clap:

I’ve got a Momo knob on my B&M shifter and it’s a “universal” and fits super tight, been on for almost a year with no play at all.

did i even mention that i love my Skunk2 knob …lol …i cant wait to get my FLP road race shifter …with the skunk2 knob :up: