PERMANENT FIX FOR PASSENGER WET FLOOR! Update for Teg Tips

Awesome. I was upset and frustrated when I tried the original teg tip fix–new seals and all, and it didn’t fix the leak. So I’m going to try this method hopefully with better results.

so ya i’m doing my fix now, but it will be a while for pics, and until i finish cause I’M MISSING THE OTHER HALF OF THE PLASTIC PIECE THAT KEEPS THE WATER OUT!!! :bored: :bawl: :surrend: teg for sale $1 obo (j/k i think)

just did this fix and it took all of about 35 mins, badass thanks for the help yall

Fixed hopefully…

I just finished doing this yesterday, I’ve tried replacing the rubber seals last year and it did nothing. I did basically what you described but I didn’t have shoe goo so I tried Bathroon caulking. Hopefully it works, I’ll let you guys know when it’s fully cured.

I’ve also replaced the seals before, and sealed it up with (I think it was) silicone, and it’s lasted for perhaps a month. I’ve also now burned out 2x blower motors from water leaking in and rusting/seizing them up.

Will try ShoeGoo if I have time to take it apart and find some of it though…

-Dustin

Fail

I tested the bathroom caulking out yesterday, I let a hose run over it for about 5 minutes. IT STILL LEAKS! Now I’m going to have to take it all apart again for the 4th time and I will try your method.

i used regular silicone. 3m in a blue tube and put it all the way around the piece that covers the passengers side of the cowl. still no leaks and i park my car outside all the time and we just had horrible rains. make sure you get all the parts, not just the clear rubber ones. i put a list a few posts back about all the parts needed…

91501-SK7-013 (6) $4.13 EA
91502-SK7-013 (6) $3.46 EA
91511-SK7-003 (7) $3.56 EA
91608-SJ6-003 (8) $2.72 EA

this is what the acura dealership in the auto group i work for has put together for a kit. you can probably buy the 3m silicone from acura, i got mine from our parts department. i also applied pressure to the silicone for a while after i put the plastic piece back on to make sure it sealed good

I need a replacement for the weatherstripping between the wiper cowl(#18) and the windshield, can someone point me to the appropriate product online?

Is it #3 on this diagram?

I’ve looked everywhere locally(pepboys/kragen/autozone) and I couldn’t find anything that will fit.

-JT

92GSR Sent you an email

Is this fix not working for you, try this

I had my windsheild replaced about a month ago. I then realized that my passenger side floor was wet. I told the windshield company that it was leaking an since they did a crappy job on it I had them redo it with another new windsheild. I sat there and made sure everything was done right. They did a good job the second time but yet it was still leaking. So i thought i would try this teg tip seeing that maybe it was a coincidence it happend at the same time. So i did this tip and yet still leaked. Finally decided wtf and just siliconed the crap out of the blower, even covering the plastic screws to make sure they wouldn’t leak through, waited over night to cure and yet still leaked.

So, me getting tired of smelling mold everytime i got in my car after a week on campus decided to pull the interior apart and do a different aproach…underneith.

First get your haynes manual or whatever your using.

Find how to take the kickpanel and glove box off.

*MAKE SURE BEFORE YOU EVEN TOUCH THE BLOWER MOTOR YOU TAKE OF THE ECU AND PUT IT AWAY FROM THE PASSENGER FLOOR, IF YOU HAVE A LEAK ONCE YOU PULL THE BLOWER OUT WATER WILL MOST LIKELY COME OUT, I ALSO RECOMMEND PUTTING A TRASH BAG DOWN TO PREVENT ANY MORE DAMAGE TO YOUR CARPETsorry for the caps, just wanted to make sure people knew

Now look on how to pull of the blower motor. (I used the service manual that i got on here a while back.) The blower motor is in there tight and theres a lot of jiggling to get the thing out.

Heres the hole for the blowermotor and the underneith of the cover

Now i’m not saying you have the same problem as me but here’s the pics of my problem. To find your problem just get a jug of water and pour it on the windsheild around the area, look under the dash and you should see where the water is dripping from…and you’ll be suprised how much it drips. It was the white window clip that was dripping on mine.

Ahh…I guess i’ll point at the problem

Basically all i did was get a good sticky peice of tape dump a ton of silicone on it because if you try to put i directly on it just drips down

Hope this helps anyone that can’t seem to fix the leak

That’s why I changed those cowl grommets too, not just the boot seals… plus all the other cowl caps/clips if you have a few bucks and change.

those are part number 91501-SK7-013. takes 6. you can get te top without pulling out all that crap.

If you removed your blower hole cover and destroyed these 2 rivets as pictured, here’s the part number 91513-SH3-003

That picture is from another post, not mine.

Leaky F-ing Car!

Just finished doing it with the shoe goo, and surprise surprise it still leaks, I’m going to open it up again and see if there is anywhere I missed…otherwise I guess I’ll be trying the from-the-inside method…

The only reason i’m telling people to open up the inside is if they’ve tried it a few times and it still leaks. Who knows it might not be the same as where mine was dripping from, the only way to tell is by taking it apart to see what is making it leak.

not trying to be smart, but those were included with the parts needed list i posted and you don’t have to rip apart the interior of your car to replace them. they are accessable from the top and, once again, are part of the parts needed i posted multiple times in this thread. once again, you need:

91501-SK7-013 (6) $4.13 EA
91502-SK7-013 (6) $3.46 EA
91511-SK7-003 (7) $3.56 EA
91608-SJ6-003 (8) $2.72 EA
and 3m silicone.

Murasame… if you give me your email i can send you the acura exploded view of the cowl area and you can kinda see where they sit from the top.

Ok sounds good my email is awilke@gmail.com, I just wanna do whatever it takes to get this fixed now it’s been almost 2 years with towels on the floor.

I have a kit for sale. got my moms half way apart and found the acura dealership did it before we bought the car. explains why it had never leaked even though it sits out all the time. email me b17aprincess@hotmail.com $70 shipped. won’t include sylicone

mine leaked one time and ruined an 800 dollar racing ecu :sad: , i will be doin this this weekend so i wont be bending over again

Brilliant. Worked perfectly for me, using waterproof silicone around everything before reattachment, including screws and the cover over the passenger side (driver’s side, here in Aus)

Took the car out for a big wash. High pressure hose, buckets and all. No worries.

Thanks heaps:dance: