PERMANENT FIX FOR PASSENGER WET FLOOR! Update for Teg Tips

I need the top screw down clip with the top cover part… Is that part #30 on this diagram (part that goes through the big holes on the top part of the cowl)

http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org/acura/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=INTEGRA&catcgry2=1990&catcgry3=3DR+LS&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=HOOD&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no&systemcomp=List%20All&vinnoT=&trim=&trans=&view=normal

Sorry if its been covered just want to make sure I am ordering the correct part.

^hey, was that the right part that you needed? I’m about to order new parts and I wanted the seals and those white clips with the screws to make sure I fix this thing…

i replaced the boot seals (pt #91608-SJ6-003) and my car still leaks like crazy when it rains… which it has been doing for 2 days straight now here. i used 2 tubes of seal-all because I couldnt find shoo-goo. I now have a 1/2 inch of water on my passenger side floor and have no idea how to stop it. Im getting sick of my car smelling musty for days after it rains.
Any ideas on what I can do?

i posted a list of things that you need, its more than just boot seals. 3 or 4 different parts i think it was. first page at the bottom.

hmm i tried fixing this leak last week, and ended up snapping that thin part of the cowl cover on the passenger side. Oh well, i’m not going to lose sleep over it.

I just got peramtex grey and siliconed the hell out of everything. I pulled out the seals, cleaned the area from dirt, and then put the old seals back in. Then i squeezed a good bead and smeared it all over the seal and the surrounding metal. After that, i put the panel back on and again put a bead of sealant where the clip thing goes in, and then last but not least filled the hole with sealant and pushed it down with the plastic screw. havent really tested it yet, but i hope it works. :slight_smile:

my leak isnt that bad anyway. I literally stuck the hose into the cowl area and intentionally sprayed it to the passenger side. Before i did any sealing i only got a few drips.

I just got a working blower motor so I’m going to seal my leak up probably this weekend…my leak isn’t horrible, like I don’t get inches of water but it drips and it smells horrible…and it’s cold and I have a dead blower motor :frowning:

yeahh my is leeking bad… need to start workin on this

update:

sadly, the sealant did little to stop the water from coming in. (those of you in socal know its been raining lately). My pass. oem floormat was soaked. So i decided to rip it apart again and looked around the garage for something to block or divert the water from entering past the cowl panel.

found:

1. unused shower door rubber gasket, the little rubber flap on the underside.
  2. a handy container of “plumber putty” which stays malleable (does not dry) and is completely waterproof.

So i went about sealing pretty much the entire cowl cover from water. I would take a picture of it but its getting dark, and my SLR is elsewhere. placed the gasket over the area above the blower and sealed it with putty.

put everything back together and watered my windshield for a few minutes. Checked the towel i placed under the leak and only one drop came through. It was much worse prior to the fix, but i have no clue where this one drop is coming from. Seems like the entire cowl is sealed, at least above the blower area. I also put putty all over the white clips as well, I covered everything i thought would let water through. Completely covered the black push pins, the bases of the white clips and windshield bracket, and filled the gap between the cowl and the metal of the car.

what would i have to do if i remove the blower forever?
will it leak worse or is there anything that blocks that hole off?.

Hey all, just wanted to add that I actually decided to use aluminium foil instead of pastic for this. And I used goop plumping sealant. (Comes in a black tube with big GOOP written on it.)

Somehow someway…This ghetto patch completely worked and I have seen a singledrop of water inside since.

Whoever wrote this up…Thanks man.

Just remember to make sure that your patch clears the wiper motor. Turn it on and try it before you seal the whole thing back up. With aluminuim foil, I was able to shape and divert he water exactly where I wanted it without worrying about the plastic making its own new pathway back to the blower after the wipers were turned on.

Hope this helps…

SOL1D have you done this?

i was planning on doing that too. covering up the “top hole” where fresh air gets sucked in but I was wondering what are the dimensions of that hole cause it’s not rectangular in shape and it’s in a crampped area so its hard to measure. btw it’s the one on the picture . #3-15 i think

anyways i’ve noticed that when you have the blower on at maximum it makes a strong enough vaccum that can suck the small droplets of water. just pointing that out. i’ve noticed leaks when washing the car while the fan/blower is running but no leaks when the thing is off.

I know this thread is really old and I apologize for bumping it. I read through it and will just replacing the boot seals and the other part actually fix it or do you have to use the shoo goo. I have this problem right now and I’m trying to get it taken care of.
I called Acura and part # 91502-SK7-013 was 3.23 a peice for the grommet x 6
and part # 91608-SJ6-003 was 2.57 a peice for boot seal x 8 so it was going to be $42
I am going to try to find it cheaper online, but is there anything else that can break that I should order incase.
And just wondering if anyone has found a good solution to this problem.

Follow the instruction exactly and you’re good to go. It works. I’ve done it.

I might be confused, in the OP…he says that black panel is supposed to let water travel through it…but then he shoe goos the thing closed so water cant travel through it?

Am I missing something?

bump to my previous question. I pulled all of my cowl crap off the car and cleaned it all up. NEed to get this done.

I dont see how water is supposed to get in there once so ever since its the blower, yet if you seal it off it cant pull air…

I did the half coke bottle thing and its held up for almost 3 years so far. Look it up.

Coke bottle? I’ve trolled this site for years and never heard that, look it up on here?

I just looked for it and couldnt find it. Its on here though. If you look through my past threads that ive posted in I think you may be able to find it. It basically tells you to cut the bottle in half and use it like a hood over the air inlet then put the cowel on top. If you do it right then it seals just fine. Mine has held up for a few years now and I dont think its going to let up.

That’s interesting, like a 2 liter? I’ll try to find it.

Yes, using a 2 liter bottle. The curvature of the bottle when you cut off the top and bottom is a perfect fit for the suction area. If you make a thread asking about it, im sure someone will speak up.