Please HELP. Engine losing power suddenly and randomly...

Please HELP. Engine losing power suddenly and randomly…

My car is a 93 Hatch LS with 58K original miles on engine/body. I keep up with oil changes. I got the car with 32K original miles. Ive replaced the starter and left and right driveaxles myself. I havent replaced fuel-injectors, or sparkplugs since Ive had it though.

I was warming my car up, for 10 minutes and the power suddenly went out without any signs. No check engine light either. I try to get a jump, no such luck. Car is rotating but not catching a spark or sparking. I even try push starting it since its a manual. No such luck.

I come back later that next day, and first attempt at starting the car, it almost catches but doesn’t. I try again and it catches. I rev the engine and hold at 1200-1400 RPM for about a minute. The exhast smells strong of gasoline, probably from me flooding the engine. The smell goes away in about a minute, and then I let it idle and everything is fine. I turn it off and then back on. It starts without a problem. I take the car for a 5 miles drive and back. Everything is fine. I come back to it a few hours later and it starts fine. I take it down the street, about 2 miles and the power is SUDDENLY cut from the engine. And it wont start either. I leave it there and come back that morning and it starts fine, but cuts out again while coming to a stop. I had to get the car towed back home. And now the car wont turn over at all. Whats wrong?

alright first things first,did u check plugs,wires,cap,rotor,if all functional check that distributor, i recently just fix my problem something similar to that by changing the ignition module located in the dist. to see if the igntion mod. is functional check if you are getting spark from the cap and rotor to the begging portion of the plug wires. if not definetly your dist.now if you are getting spark,i would listen to see if your pump is sending fuel correctly to the motor,in other words check fuel pressure reg. and if your spark and fuel is good check the main relay located underneath the dash on the driverside.i mean it could be a million and one things you just gottah troubleshoot em.but it really sound to me that your igntion coil and module is on its way out.