Pls help to verify a few things about automatic seat belts.

The teg is in storage mode until summer with battery removed and is covered and locked so I can’t get to it. I just had this thought that maybe someone can help me out. I got these new recaro seats that I plan on installing them this summer.

Question. If I disconnect the seatbelt connectors near the e-brake, It will start beeping correct? I’ve read/searched to stop the beeping, stick a jumper pin in the female connector? I forgot what the connector looks like. Is it a two pin connector or four? If it is a four, which pins do I jump it with. Thanks

Or you can just unhook the motor for the seatbelts in close position. The seatbelt motr brain is by the passenger kickpanel

^ Thanks I’ll do that but just out of curiousity, does anyone know that paper clip jumper trick? I’ve searched and got these different answers.

Blue/red wire and Black or
yel/red and Black

Some say its a 6 pin others a 4 pin? Can someone go to your teg and verify? thanks.

Can anybody help out? I’d rather jump it and not unplug the unit. Its a long story. I just don’t want to jump the wrong pins resulting a short or a fuse blowing.

Yeah, I had to remove my passenger seat so I could fix the seat. And the beeping was going to drive me crazy, so i just took a small piece of wire and tried a few ways and found one that mad it stop. LOL i believe it was the right bottom and top.

GL

[QUOTE=Jeffaj20;2256606]Yeah, I had to remove my passenger seat so I could fix the seat. And the beeping was going to drive me crazy, so i just took a small piece of wire and tried a few ways and found one that mad it stop. LOL i believe it was the right bottom and top.

GL[/QUOTE]

Which seat? Can you be specific on the pin location. thks

if you search on here there’s a how to that takes no more than 3 minutes and a flat head screw driver to stop the beeping…

nvm

http://forums.g2ic.com/showthread.php?178873-seat-belt-buzzer&highlight=seatbelt+beep

I didn’t see anything about a flat head on that thread. I did come across that thread when I searched though. Nothing was really clear on the exact location. Do you mine if you snap a pic of the right location? thanks a bunch.

I forget which 2 pins it is but you only have so many options. just pull the seat and use a paper clip to see which 2 pin turn off the buzzer. personaly I would just remove the seat belt controller behind the pass kick panel…

I was thinking about the “trial and error” thing but I was worried if I might create a short circuit or something if I hit the wrong ones. When you did yours, nothing like that happened right? If so, I’ll go ahead on try.

I could remove the seat belt controller but I have a different situation and its a long story thanks.

I didnt short anything out and when I did it, I didnt find the right connection until my last try.

I do now remember that if you hold the plug in one hand so that the connector clip is on the top side. it should be a combination of either the left side or right side pins…(I want to say the left side,but not 100% sure on that.)

GL